eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

Nick22

Reaction score
Hey Bryan,
Who is the first poser planned to be released? Or are you not allowed to tell us that?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Would it not make more sense to make them here the the US? I'm sure that it could be done, but at what cost? Since Asia's prices have gone up, and the fact that our ecconomy is hurting it would create some jobs out there. Just a thought.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
I'd have to say that if I was ASKED? I would prefer to have a stand. Even for the larger posers, that may or may not be able to do a fine balancing act.

I don't think Bryan was trying to imply that the clothing will be sewn or stiched on, I would assume the clothing will just not be removeable with velcro or snaps. ie; designed for getting over Muppet sized heads. So I'd say fear not about Fozzies neck-a-tie. Good greif the comedian's a bear.

But with what Bryan said about edition size and what that will mean for the price point, I will definetely see this as a rush to the finish line. Who will have their money ready at day of release, and who will get left behind?

KK

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Would it not make more sense to make them here the the US? I'm sure that it could be done, but at what cost? Since Asia's prices have gone up, and the fact that our ecconomy is hurting it would create some jobs out there. Just a thought.
American made is far more expensive than anywhere else. I remember the old Wal-Mart commercials in the 80s that would claim, "We're made in America!" Funny thing, they don't use that slogan anymore because their buyers all but force their suppliers to make everything in China where they don't have to pay workers a fair wage or provide benefits like they do here. It's the sad fact of life of manufacturing that's been around for a very long time. Items made here would likely cost three times as much or more. Chinese factories have become more expensive than they used to be, but they are still the cheapest game around.

I'd just like the SRPs on these items to be comparable to how MR priced them. And at least have removable hats. “Rats with hats!” Also, I hope EFX will either take Amex or deal with someone who does. That's the only card I use these days aside from my Debit and I rarely will use that online.

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I'd have to say that if I was ASKED? I would prefer to have a stand. Even for the larger posers, that may or may not be able to do a fine balancing act.

I don't think Bryan was trying to imply that the clothing will be sewn or stiched on, I would assume the clothing will just not be removeable with velcro or snaps. ie; designed for getting over Muppet sized heads. So I'd say fear not about Fozzies neck-a-tie. Good greif the comedian's a bear.

But with what Bryan said about edition size and what that will mean for the price point, I will definetely see this as a rush to the finish line. Who will have their money ready at day of release, and who will get left behind?

KK

One thing about eFX...they will have payment plans for more of the bigger priced items when the time comes. Also, a lot of the online AD's will be selling them as well.

Just kind of Ironic over at Rebelscum, they did all the same questions about eFX and now I get to see them all over again. I am glad to know what to expect from eFX since I have gotten Star Wars props from them already and I know the answers! :wink:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm wondering if they would ever try a full body Muppet Monster.

Davina

Reaction score
as much as i'd love a sweetums or thog or such.. i think the very thought of the shipping alone would put him right out of my price range... and likely would do so for most of us not in the lower 48 of the US... would be cool though... *sigh*

muppetperson

Reaction score
as much as i'd love a sweetums or thog or such.. i think the very thought of the shipping alone would put him right out of my price range... and likely would do so for most of us not in the lower 48 of the US... would be cool though... *sigh*
I guess one way they could do it, is by selling them as a head and "skinned" body(like a kit form) so it could pack into a smaller box.Then it is up to the buyer to put it on a manikin or make a body for it.I know there would then be fears from Disney that it could be turned into a performing costume, but this could be overcome by making the heads solid, so they cant be worn.:wisdom:

Mistersuperstar

Reaction score
I can't imagine the the larger Muppet monsters were ever photographed using photo puppets. I always assumed that when photographed, Sweetums was still a guy in a suit.