eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

hoopless

Reaction score
That would be my first suggestion of the way to go. Flocking rubs off with movement, however (the real Piggy puppets have that problem too) so it will be another Gonzo-like challenge to find a balance between durability and authenticity.

I think while they ponder that problem they should start immediate production on a character that has more in common with a stuffed teddy bear. Hmm, what Bear-like characters are there in the muppets? I know there must be one...
:embarrassed:
One day, fingers crossed.

Foam can still break now, even covered.I would still prefer to see plastic or Resin.When it is flocked, you wont know the difference.Only thing is that you wont be able to pose the mouth.
What if they made the mouth in 2 pieces and hinged it? Granted I know nothing about it but would something along those lines work?

Davina

Reaction score
I have a bit of a side note question.. for those of you actually at comic con...
my husband has gotten the crazy idea that maybe we'd try to go next year (I'm thinking more the year after, but....) with the kids.. but being that awkward time between cons as far as info goes... we were wondering if anyone could tell us how much the tickets were for this year so we could have some idea for budgeting purposes... figured this thread was where people who'd know would be. can respond here or private and thanks to anyone who knows :smile:

Telly

Reaction score
Anyone know if Rizzo'll come with his yellow cap?

drudo

Reaction score
WOW! That Rizzo is pretty amazing! I admit, I was a little disappointed that he was going to be first, as he's not one of my absolute favorites compared to some of the others......but this prototype has succeeded in making me 100% excited about this poser! I agree with some others that Rizzo looks (so far) like possibly the most accurate poser to date! I like where this line looks to be going...

And, as Piggy is the poser I'm looking most forward to next on the list, I was very excited to see even the simple head prototype. I'm glad to know she's definitely in production, and so far, so good...

I also agree with many others that Kermit on display does look a little off, but I'm waiting to see how he looks once they have their own Kermit made.

muppetperson

Reaction score
:embarrassed:
One day, fingers crossed.

What if they made the mouth in 2 pieces and hinged it? Granted I know nothing about it but would something along those lines work?
I did suggest that(see reply 457), but any movement with flocking will wear off.So it would either have to be a felt material, or go for flocking with a static mouth.Miss Piggy's mouth isnt that big anyway for movement.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I have a bit of a side note question.. for those of you actually at comic con...
my husband has gotten the crazy idea that maybe we'd try to go next year (I'm thinking more the year after, but....) with the kids.. but being that awkward time between cons as far as info goes... we were wondering if anyone could tell us how much the tickets were for this year so we could have some idea for budgeting purposes... figured this thread was where people who'd know would be. can respond here or private and thanks to anyone who knows :smile:
Comic Con sells out fast, so you have to get in early.they sell one day and four day memberships.I beleive a four day pass was $75.I think I read that if you buy a four day membership, then kids are free? Hotels are probably about $100 a night.Hope that helps.:smile:

Luke

Reaction score
Seriously - apart from size considerations, I have yet to hear any reason why Fozzie should be so difficult to make once you have a pattern.
That would be because there probably isn't, lol. It could be a costing thing - big poser/big price point but then doing Piggy won't be all that different. It just seems like they chose to ditch Fozzie for the Pig - it could be a reallllllllllllly stupid move if the current economic climate and both Piggy's popularity and most collectors already having a Kermit maybe mean they end up finding themselves in exactly the same situation sales wise as Master Replicas, or it could be a smart move considering everybody wants Da Bear to make people wait for now.

My thoughts? I've seen these collectors lines from Sababa to Palisades to Master Replicas to Efx. Its a recession and the changes in the collectables market just from year to year mean its very unstable. Product is expensive to develop, stock hard to shift, they often juggle multiple licenses but are run on shoe string budgets so if something fails to hit it can affect everything. I would have preferred they had done this affordable Rizzo, while all the time having a Fozzie prototype on display to tease the market and had some kind of payment plan for him available to order immediately. Then maybe gone on to having Pepe out after that and doing the payment plan type thing with Piggy again. People have their hands out willing to throw money at them for a Fozzie and they aren't grabbing it - in these times it doesn't make a lot of sense as it does to seem to be a guaranteed "hit". It sounds more like a mix of needing smaller cheaper posers out there first and them just wanting to be seen to be different from Master Replicas and not continue with their line plan.

They obviously know what they are doing design wise because that Rizzo is awesome so maybe they know better business wise and have a good plan to keep the line running very longterm and have very good reasons why they have chosen the characters they have and to revisit Kermit so soon. Hope so, they're fabulous - i have them all so far - storage is killing me!

Luke

Reaction score
So still no price point info on the eFx posers? I am thinking these are going to be a bit more expensive than Master Replicas. That Rizzo don't look like a $300 Rizzo to me, thats some quality furrage there. I expect to pay for quality tho, well worth it for serious collectors!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Thanks for the Replica Images, Earl! Those are great! I'm excited.

Davina

Reaction score
Comic Con sells out fast, so you have to get in early.they sell one day and four day memberships.I beleive a four day pass was $75.I think I read that if you buy a four day membership, then kids are free? Hotels are probably about $100 a night.Hope that helps.:smile:

Thanks! that's hugely helpful.. our biggest expense is going to be all the airfares from Alaska :smile: (and not spending every penny we own on all the cool stuff there.. heh...)