eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

Nick22

Reaction score
i've missed A LOT. i just read 5 pages of comments. thanks SO much bryan for the update!

im extremely excited for these posers. i myself dont mind what they're made of, as long as the likeness is there, im good. even if it's not, i'll probably buy anyway! :smile:

about miss piggy being a gay icon. i never rully knew that, but i dont know any gay people. i go to a Catholic school, and you dont rully find a lot of gays around here. im Catholic and have absolutely nothing against gays. and none of my family or friends do. miss piggy is definitely a diva, and i can understand why she would be popular in the gay community.

i think that desideing to make piggy over fozzie was a smart move. i think more people can identify piggy over fozzie. i talk about the muppets all the time, and my friends still cant even remeber fozzie's name.

Kevin Knight

Reaction score
Thanks to Bryan for the post, as my e-mails to him for continued support and appreciation.

I think I am right IMO when I say it seems that Disney is really cartoonizing the characters so that they are more absolute colors.

Rizzo looked fantastic as is, look forward to seeing the tweaks.

Can someone tell me what D23 is?

I think they should market Piggy to republicans. :attitude: Fortunately I am not one.

I guess we still have some time before we hear price point, and see final photo proto.

It seems that maybe the plaque will look close to our MR one's. Nice.

So glad I have a whole home, My posers can fit in any room. I ma just buys a love seat or couch for all of them. But still want to build crates ala GMC with a glass case ontop.

KK

Ignohippo

Reaction score
D23 is a new club offered by Disney for collectors of Disney merchandise. There are going to be a few conventions around the country and the first is in LA in September.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Brian,

Is there a tentative release schedule that you can share with us? (especially one mentioning Fozzie? ;-))

(and, not to derail the thread again, but for those interested in drag queen frog headdresses, check here: http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1404/626626869_bb76422501.jpg?v=0)
Bryan has stated that although no dates are set, he has said these approx schedule(I cant see how they are going to release 5 in a bit over a year!)
Rizzo-Later this year
Reporter Kermit-early 2010
Miss Piggy-mid 2010
Pepe-Summer/Fall 2010
And wait for it....

FOZZIE-Late 2010!

Ignohippo

Reaction score
I am sitting here now wondering which room I should move my replicas into now knowing a pig and a rat and a bear is coming! Anyone else looked at their collection and imagined the EFX relpicas added to their collection?

Very, very cool! Thanks for the info about Fozzie! I'll be buying him just as soon as they make him available!

I really, really wish eFX were starting out with Reporter Kermit and Fozzie as their first two posers and then moving on to Rizzo and then Piggy!

No one asked (:wink:) but here's why I would arrange the lineup this way:

(1) Reporter Kermit: How else could you start the new posers?
(2) Fozzie: concurrent with Kermit. This is the one collectors want and releasing him at the beginning would really generate a lot of word of mouth. Besides, the marketing potential of the two of them side by side would be amazing (I can just imagine walking into the Muppet shop at Hollywood Studios and seeing the two of them displayed behind the counter)! Marketing materials would be amazing with the two of them.

(3) Rizzo (six to eight months after the first two): Give the wallet a bit of a rest with a slightly lower priced poser and a good Muppet to roll out while you're waiting for the first two to sell through.

(4) Piggy: Come back with a "bang" and complete the main five. She'd also help to kickstart word of mouth again among the fan community and generate interest for the announcement of the next few posers.

(5) Pepe: Another one to give the wallet a break and another good modern character.

(6+) is really anyone's guess. I'd personally like to see the Mayhem (with a much better Animal than the MR version). I hate to say it, because I love my MR Animal, but he's really nowhere close to looking like the real thing.

I'm really, really concerned with eFX starting with Rizzo. As good as he looks, I just can't imagine he's popular enough to start the line with. Let's face it, Kermit has an uphill climb because many of the collectors already have a fine version of him and Rizzo may not be the type of character folks are ready to spend $200+ on.

I wish eFX nothing but the best of luck and I am so grateful that they've picked the line back up but I seriously, seriously hope eFX reconsiders the order of the posers. I want nothing more than to see this line succeed but I'm really concerned these first two may not do well enough to allow them to proceed.