eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

Telly

Reaction score
GAH! I'm gonna be SO out of the loop! Packing tonight. Moving tomorrow. Cleaning the old house Thursday. Unpacking on Friday. Party on Saturday. I'm gonna have like 30 pages to read by the time I'm able to log in again!

FER SURE

Reaction score
I went back and looked at the old Henson reference materials for Rizzo and I have to say that I think this replica is better made than the actual posers. The hip joint would be a prime example. Great construction overall. The new fur selection is very very close. ( after viewing a closer photo I have to say that new fur needs work. It appears to be regular microfiber type material you might find on any plush toy. The fibers are too straight to replicate the matted appearance of the old fur. Also the pile has been left too long. This is noticeable near the hands where the fibers extend all the way over the palm to the fingers. I'll withhold judgements on the color due to lighting.)

There are a few minor problems. He is missing whiskers, there should be 3 on each side and they are set too far back. The whiskers should be set directly above his teeth. His teeth are too box like and should taper towards the bottom. As for the hands I have a feeling the shine will be fixed in production. Rizzo used to have black hands and I would prefer that they went back to that. The feathers on his head should be gray and match his eyelids. I hope that somebody at Puppet Heap comes to their senses and fixes that tail color. What a poor choice if that really is part of the likeness revision. His mouth seems to be bigger than before and I have a feeling this is a part of the likeness revision and is not a bad thing at all. Lastly I need to see a full turnaround before I can really pass judgement but the bump at the back of his head appears to be missing and you really loose the differentiation between his neck and head without it.

I am not hating on Rizzo. I am actually really excited that the replicas are going to continue. This is just a prototype and they are developed to guide feedback. All I'm doing is providing my opinion.

Now... who from eFX want to send me a full turnaround.

eFX

Reaction score
The whiskers are there, you just cant see them through the glass cabinet! Also, the teeth were based on the reference photos that were give to us by Puppet Heap!

Thanks!

FER SURE

Reaction score
You guys are right, The whiskers are there. The figures.com picture makes it appear as though the bottom one is missing, but it most surely is there. I missed it the first time cause it was bent way back.

The teeth aren't bad and once again this could be Puppet Heap revisions. They just look a little boxy to me

One thing I wanna point out that I really love is his nose and muzzle. It can be seen clearly in Earl's photo #2. Some Rizzo puppets have a tendency to have more of a straight tapered cone effect to the muzzle. This replica has a very faithful "anteater" like extension and slope. Very excited for that.

statler salad

Reaction score
This is my 1st post here (but i've been here reading posts for a looooong time) .

I know this question has probably already been asked - but what are the chances of getting hold of these in the UK? Will EFX have a facility for customers outside the united states to make a purchase. I definitely want to buy the entire collection!

So far I have only been able to purchase the Gonzo replica, as most stores won't ship to the UK. Any other UK island dwellers know of a good way of getting their mitts on these?

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
This is my 1st post here (but i've been here reading posts for a looooong time) .

I know this question has probably already been asked - but what are the chances of getting hold of these in the UK? Will EFX have a facility for customers outside the united states to make a purchase. I definitely want to buy the entire collection!

So far I have only been able to purchase the Gonzo replica, as most stores won't ship to the UK. Any other UK island dwellers know of a good way of getting their mitts on these?
We hope that there is a good supplier her in the UK. If there isnt then there will be a lot of angry members here!
EFX did let me know who their supplier was but I have forgotten!:big_grin:

LeanneRivett

Reaction score

We will get them over here, if not, I will get them shipped from the states.

I did this with Kermit, it was fine.

Leanne
x

statler salad

Reaction score
We will get them over here, if not, I will get them shipped from the states.

I did this with Kermit, it was fine.

Leanne
x
Glad to hear i'm not the only one over here in UK Leanne - can I ask if you ordered the MR replicas, and if so where from?

I picked up Gonzo at a comic convention in London recently, but I previously tried to order all 3 from Amazon, but was told they don't ship over here.

Any suppliers in the UK would be greatly appreciated by this muppet fan!