eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

Blinky_Fish

Reaction score
I wasn't sure about the reporter kermit until I saw the comparison with the MR one...

I'm pretty sure the reason he looked odd to me was that he was posed too upright.
Um, Isnt it the MR Pattern anyway? And I found a pattern for the coat. The only thing I need is a hat.

Hat Sharpener

Reaction score
Can someone summarize the scale issues with the MR Kermit? I must admit I thought he was kind of small, but things always look smaller in real life... Is he 80% 90%

According to the cement in DisneyWorld my hand is the exact same size as Jim Henson's, so I could rip my Kermit apart and see how it fit, but I think that I'll ask here first...

hoopless

Reaction score
Um, Isnt it the MR Pattern anyway? And I found a pattern for the coat. The only thing I need is a hat.
Well seeing how different they look next to eachother, I'd have to guess that the pattern is different too and not just enlarged. But I don't know that much about puppet making so that's a pure guess.

Can someone summarize the scale issues with the MR Kermit? I must admit I thought he was kind of small, but things always look smaller in real life... Is he 80% 90%

According to the cement in DisneyWorld my hand is the exact same size as Jim Henson's, so I could rip my Kermit apart and see how it fit, but I think that I'll ask here first...
LOL. From what I understand the MR kermit is 90% of life size, eFX one is 100%. I think that's right.

MWoO

Reaction score
I wasn't sure about the reporter kermit until I saw the comparison with the MR one. Now I think I might have to try to get him as well (I really need a job)

I'm pretty sure the reason he looked odd to me was that he was posed too upright.

Is that mic the same as the one that will come with him or just an example? I'd like to see a more retro mic design like you see him with on koozebane.
Is there a side by side comparison of these two yet? That is what I am interested in to see the real size difference. I'm happy with my regular Kermit, but a reporter Kermit that is bigger might be nice to stick with Fozzie, though I do wish it was GMC reporter Kermit instead.

Maybe they will get to a newer better Gonzo with sweater vest.

drudo

Reaction score
When I visited the temporary Henson exhibit that was hosted at the Atlanta Museum of Puppetry Arts a while back, they had a Kermit poser on display that was very noticeably larger than the MR Kermit--that's when I first realized what a difference a mere 10% or so really made. My MR Kermit has seemed so small to me ever since that day....but I still love him.

muppets2

Reaction score
hmmm reporter kermit looks bigger and has a little more personality:smile:

MWoO

Reaction score
one comparison picture for those who missed it
Thanks. The new Kermit is certainly bigger and compared to that particular MR Kermit it looks better, though compared to mine I like mine better. That was the main issue with MR Muppets, no consistency.

unclematt

Reaction score
Thanks. The new Kermit is certainly bigger and compared to that particular MR Kermit it looks better, though compared to mine I like mine better. That was the main issue with MR Muppets, no consistency.
Why would you say that they were not consistant? I am confused.:confused: Is it because they were made hastily or is it just the risk you take when trying to recreate such a beloved character?

MWoO

Reaction score
Why would you say that they were not consistant? I am confused.:confused: Is it because they were made hastily or is it just the risk you take when trying to recreate such a beloved character?
They just were not consistent. Everyone's Kermit looked different. Some looked spot on, some looked terrible, and some were in between.