eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

eFX

Reaction score
I was also starting to wonder about this. As these are Ltd Ed, I dont want to wait for a UK retailer and then find there sold out, but I also dont want the high postage and customs charges.

Whats the best option efx for the UK and over seas customers.

What is the time difference between them shipping in the US and when your UK distributor ships them?

Thanks.

Chris
Hi All!

Yes, you can order directly from us, but please remember that you will be responsible for all of the duties and taxes that are levied by your country, and as you know, we have no control of what they charge.

Also, since we do not know the final size of the shipping carton, we do not yet know if we can ship by US Prioirty mail, which is usually cheaper than FedEX International Economy.

Please note that we do have a distributor in the UK, Amerang. If you go to our website, you will find their contact information.

Thanks!

Bryan

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I just want to hear a price which I know will be awhile. I just want to breath again so I can ask for overtime!

rexcrk

Reaction score
I can't wait till this comes out, he looks so good! I just hope he's not TOO expensive >_>

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This payment plan seems to be $100 preorder and 3 additional charges. Could that mean each one is $100? That would bring Rizzo to $400 + shipping. That's just a theory. I hope Rizzo comes out to less. However, MR's posers were usually more expensive when purchased directly. I hope that the suppliers will have him that way so I can use my Amex at a bargain.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Eek. I thought you guys might get around to it with the site revamp and all. Well, that's unfortunate. I might have to go with the secondary market instead of direct. :sympathy:
The bulk of eFX's USA Authorized retailers accept Amex.You just have to pick one where you know that they will be on the ball and put your order in quickly.So find someone who gives speedy customer service and not someone who takes several days to respond.

muppetperson

Reaction score
This payment plan seems to be $100 preorder and 3 additional charges. Could that mean each one is $100? That would bring Rizzo to $400 + shipping. That's just a theory. I hope Rizzo comes out to less. However, MR's posers were usually more expensive when purchased directly. I hope that the suppliers will have him that way so I can use my Amex at a bargain.
I was told originally that the Layaway plan would go like a deposit and the balance divided into two equal payments.So, first month deposit, second month half of remaining balance, third month final balance, plus shipping and handling and taxes if relivant to the Country of purchaser.

muppetguy

Reaction score
Hey Frogboy! The only logical reason behind them (eFx) not accepting American Express (I have one myself) is because of the fees charged to the vendor from the card company. American express, If I'm not mistaken, charges the most out of fees between all other credit cards. Places I bought from before, local stores, prefer you use another card over amex.

I am not taking anyone's side here, don't want anyone thinking I'm a rep for amex, I'm not, I've just been through this before and figured I'd shed some light as to why (only speculating here) eFx doesn't accept that specific credit card. It sucks...I know. I hope you can pick up Rizzo from another vendor that carries eFx products.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Hey Frogboy! The only logical reason behind them (eFx) not accepting American Express (I have one myself) is because of the fees charged to the vendor from the card company. American express, If I'm not mistaken, charges the most out of fees between all other credit cards. Places I bought from before, local stores, prefer you use another card over amex.

I am not taking anyone's side here, don't want anyone thinking I'm a rep for amex, I'm not, I've just been through this before and figured I'd shed some light as to why (only speculating here) eFx doesn't accept that specific credit card. It sucks...I know. I hope you can pick up Rizzo from another vendor that carries eFx products.
Thanks. :smile: A friendlier, more informative response from EFX about the issue would have been helpful and better cultivate good will, but I still got my answer.

It's well-known among vendors that the people who worked at MR found a way to resurrect the same basic company and goods with a streamlined version of the staff under a different shingle while MR merely sold its name-recognition to the Brits. Lucky Muppet and Star Wars fans! That's no easy task, but the absence of an Amex option could have been a byproduct of making the transition. But, hey - we get a Rizzo and maybe some other Muppets down the line!

In these troubled times people choose a card that best works for them rather than deal with multiple companies. I understand EFX's limited choices, but it also limits their direct market. I'm not sure how or even if that effects them since it's their entire product anyway. I won't use my alternate ATM backed card for such a hefty online purchase - and I encourage others to do the same due to the lack of fraud protection! Still, it would have been nice to support the line directly. I really wanted to do that and still do!

Anyway, I hope to see a Rizzo in my future somehow. I won't open another line of credit to do so. For a while there it was MasterCard getting the shaft with some companies. Now it's Amex. I have faith my Rizzo will come. :shifty:

muppetperson said:
The bulk of eFX's USA Authorized retailers accept Amex.You just have to pick one where you know that they will be on the ball and put your order in quickly.So find someone who gives speedy customer service and not someone who takes several days to respond.
Thanks. I hope so. It's what I'm counting on. That's how I bought Animal a while back and he turned out to be a $70 cheaper at time of release. Could work out better for me. :halo:

muppetray

Reaction score
efx needs to check this site and forum

If efx checked out thhis forum AND THE VOTE
they would know that we want a Fozzie Bear:embarrassed: more than a Miss Pigy:mad: Or Rizzo:shifty:.
Don't get me wrong I'm looking forward to getting these, but it is obvious the fans wanted a Fozzie Bear more.
Also look for my efx Sesame Street 4oth Anniversary Post thread coming soon!
Also When I went to buy my gonzo from amazon it went up from $60 something to $99. Blaahh! maybe it will go down again!