eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

muppetguy

Reaction score
I understand the production issues, but won't pay over $400 US dollars for Rizzo.

The preorder conversion price from pounds to US dollars comes to $545 for pre-order down from $757 suggested retail price. All of this is before shipping.

Wow. I remember that the posers seemed to be more expensive overseas so I hope that's it. If not - payment plan, shmayment plan, Amex or Visa - I'm out at that price. I'm an uber collector of these posers, but I'll just wait and poach later at this cost. That sort of thinking can cost future posers down the line, but that's just waaaaaaay too rich for my blood. Frogboy needs to eat! I'm skinny enough.
I couldn't have said it better, Frogboy! Diddo that! No way will I pay over 400.00 for rizzo. Sorry. I hope efx isn't putting that price on him. Yikes!:embarrassed:

muppetperson

Reaction score
has anyone seen this.....forbidden planet have advertised Rizzo for release 07th February 2010 rrp at £449.00 ----their price £323.99...count me in !
I dont know how they can work out a retail price when the final cost price is not worked out yet!Forbidden Planet isnt even the authorised distributer.They are only a retailer.The authorised distributer for the UK is Amerang Ltd.The fur has still to be tracked down and calculated.Bryan is going over to the factory to see what is happening, so there wont be any news for over a week.

antonydavanzo

Reaction score
Wow, does that seem a lot to anyone else!:concern:
I dread the RRP for Fozzie.
I cannot see that this is the real £ as there has been no official £ from EFX yet, hear is hoping that this is not the real £ or I will not be able to buy them.:boo:

PS Amerange have no details of the line and UK members cannot buy direct from Amerang, the route will be FP only as Amerang supply to them. So I really think that this is a wrong price.

muppet_dk

Reaction score
IF the price from FP are gonna be correct then I'm sure gonna skip the replicas.

Barber

Reaction score
The only thing I have to add is that FP charged a lot more (after conversion) for my Chucky replica than Sideshow, the American distributor, did.

My GUESS is Rizzo will sell for somewhere between $400 and $500, but I always thought that. So long as he's a great product, with no eye placement issues or anything of the sort, I'm fine with the price.

I didn't mind fixing my MR replicas because they were sickeningly cheap. I wouldn't want to mess with something upward of $400 though.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking this FB pricing must be an error or isolated inflation. I hope this gets cleared up soon. :embarrassed:

I thought the pre-order was supposed to be listed months and months ago. If Rizzo will really be this froggin' much I'll use the money set aside for something else Muppety instead. :shifty:

Reevz1977

Reaction score
Whoa, if that is the price in the UK then I'm afraid I'll pass and take the gamble that, due to the price AND the edition size, chances are those prices may come down like Master replicas posers. If not, oh well!

statler salad

Reaction score
people not buying Rizzo may put the rest of the editions (Fozzie, Pepe and Piggy) in jeopardy.

muppetguy

Reaction score
people not buying Rizzo may put the rest of the editions (Fozzie, Pepe and Piggy) in jeopardy.

AND that's why I am sure efx knows that anything over 400.00 for Rizzo would be too much. I still think 400.00 is too much. I figured anywhere from 300 to 350.00 for Rizzo would be more of a correct price range, although I would always welcome a smaller price tag with open arms. :wink:

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I'm hoping for a $200 Rizzo, but know it would likely be higher and would pay up to $350. $400 is really pushing it, but over that is absolutely impossible no matter what. It's an excellent piece and I'd like to add it to my collection, but these are the times we live in. I’m a crazy Muppet fan, but not crazy enough to put myself in hock for a Rizzo replica even if that means no future posers.

I still think this FB price is an error. EFX, please give us some sort of indication when you are able.