eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
hmmm i hope Rizzo isnt that much or i may have to skip out on the rest of these replicas

Bear Man

Reaction score
Speaking from experience, you cannot take a UK price (especially from Forbidden Planet, whose prices are always very high) and assume that the converted US dollar price is what will be charged in the US. Unfortunately when it comes to collectibles, outside of the US there is usually only one distributor for these companies, and since they are usually importing only a small amount - often over very large distances - they need to increase the prices considerably to cover their costs. Plus, since they usually are the only distributor in a region, they are able to inflate the costs since they control the market. To sum up, international prices bear very little resemblance to the original price.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Just noticed that if you search at forbiddenplant.com you get the rrp £449.00 offer price £223, shipping Feb 2010.

However if you look at forbiddenplanet.co.uk you get different info, price, and shipping date. It also states that Rizzo is approx 18" high and comes with a yellow cap!

http://www.forbiddenplanet.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=56295

Chris
It is actually 449.99 GBP with offer price 323.99 GBP on forbiddenplanet.com
forbiddenplanet.co.uk is actually dearer at 329.99 GBP but their RRP is much cheaper at 399.99 GBP

hoopless

Reaction score
Play are gonna stock these replicas?
strikes me as a bit odd, but I guess it will put them in the sight of people who wouldn't know about FP or the line.

I'm kind of ok with the price. It's around what I was expecting/hoping. Not that I have the money yet.

hoopless

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that forbiddenplanet.com is expecting to get Rizzo in on February 7th, but forbiddenplanet.co.uk and Play.com are expecting him on 30th March?

I'm not sure if this impacts the reliability of either of these places.

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Has anyone noticed that forbiddenplanet.com is expecting to get Rizzo in on February 7th, but forbiddenplanet.co.uk and Play.com are expecting him on 30th March?

Thats what my post says bove, they both have different dates.

Play.com, seem to be stocking lots of stuff lately, that have the Miss Piggy Tonner dolls on there too?

Much prefer to order from play.com, I ordered Swedish Chef Kitchen from Forbidden Planet and it took the 28 days to dispatch it and then the box was all smashed up when it arrived. I have not used them since.

Chris

statler salad

Reaction score
I've just pre-ordered mine at play.com for £349.99. They're a very reliable UK company, with a release date of 30th March 2010. You can pretty much assume their details are going to be correct regards price and date.

Play.com have a UK retail price of £399.99, so are offering a £50 saving - I don't think this is too unreasonable a price - but I can only imagine the costs of Fozzie and Ms Piggy!

Andibcool

Reaction score
Hmm 455 Euros for Rizzo ? Thats an absolute no go.
I would like to buy him but not for 455 Euros and thats the cheaper preorder price.
I guess they wont sell well for that price and maybe end up for very cheap later.
The highest price for me was Kermit with 300 Euros shipped and import tax added and he is more rare, expensive and most wanted.
Gonzo and Animal i got very cheap around 150 Euro each inkl. shipping from USA to germany and import tax.
Not sure how big Rizzo is but i wont spend more then 300 Euros on him including shipping and tax.
If the price stays that high i say good luck efx with ur posers.