eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

muppetperson

Reaction score
Just spoke to Bryan-retailers were sent a message about what approximately the retail price MIGHT be, but shouldnt of put it up as the final price isnt finalised.And dont worry about converting Pounds to US$ as you will be way off as they have to include taxes, extra shipping,etc.Bryan will come back here and post a message soon.

Garland

Reaction score
Wait...I'm back.
We are getting a Rizzo replica...really?

Fantastic. I'm no stranger to waiting....how long till the rat appears?

Luke

Reaction score
Just spoke to Bryan-retailers were sent a message about what approximately the retail price MIGHT be, but shouldnt of put it up as the final price isnt finalised.And dont worry about converting Pounds to US$ as you will be way off as they have to include taxes, extra shipping,etc.Bryan will come back here and post a message soon.
Usually the stuff to the UK is direct shipped from China exactly the same as the USA.. so extra shipping isn't exactly a large amount by any means. Import taxes yes ... but only about $40 per item. So i'd say that while its right not to do a straight pounds to $ conversion, the US price won't be THAT different, certainly not way off. I can see U.S folk saving a bit but you've gotta be looking at $450'ish.

It's high but i don't think its extortionate considering the increase in quality/likeness as long as that is the case once the factories have had their paws on the designs. I think thoughts of 200-300 were always wishful thinking.

Also for people shopping in the UK via Play.com code PLANW09 should give you an extra £5 off before 5th december and if you check out the site www.quidco.com as you can access the Play site through them you can claim back another 2% in cashback.

Andibcool

Reaction score
eFX will not be stock pileing Rizz:confused:nly up to a maximum of 1,000 pieces will be made and the final amount will be based on the number of pre orders.So in other words, eFX will only be producing the number of Rizzos to cover those who ordered, so there wont be a surplus to go very cheap later.This should also be a warning to those who want to wait to see what the final product will look like-if you dont pre order, Rizzo wont be made for you and you will have to risk that a Retailer might have ordered a few spare.
My thoughts about that ? Its a lame excuse to rip ppl off.
If they dont have the money to produce 1000 why they even do posers ?
With this kind of information they wanna panic collectors that they preorder and pay the high price.
Really 455 Euros (around 682 US$ ) is a fortune for a stuffed toy with some wires inside no matter how accurate it looks.
If that is the real price what do they think how many ppl will buy one ? Not to mention shipping costs and import tax will add an easy 100$ extra to this price so we talk about 782-800 $ here.
I guess Reporter Kermit will be 1000-1400$ and Piggy 2000$ then.
If the ecconomy is that bad that actually very few ppl can affort that high priced replica, the decition to produce it seems very stupid to me then.
Its just like they say hey the ecconomy is so bad we will not sell many of this so we prouce less and sell for even more money so even less ppl will buy one.

As i said i would buy one but not at this price. There is absolute no way i can justify this price for this item.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Usually the stuff to the UK is direct shipped from China exactly the same as the USA.. so extra shipping isn't exactly a large amount by any means. Import taxes yes ... but only about $40 per item. So i'd say that while its right not to do a straight pounds to $ conversion, the US price won't be THAT different, certainly not way off. I can see U.S folk saving a bit but you've gotta be looking at $450'ish.

It's high but i don't think its extortionate considering the increase in quality/likeness as long as that is the case once the factories have had their paws on the designs. I think thoughts of 200-300 were always wishful thinking.

Also for people shopping in the UK via Play.com code PLANW09 should give you an extra £5 off before 5th december and if you check out the site www.quidco.com as you can access the Play site through them you can claim back another 2% in cashback.
I can tell you, the price will be very different.Should be less than $450.There is also different profit margins.I thought Bryan would of come on here by now, but he has been busy.

muppetperson

Reaction score
My thoughts about that ? Its a lame excuse to rip ppl off.
If they dont have the money to produce 1000 why they even do posers ?
With this kind of information they wanna panic collectors that they preorder and pay the high price.
Really 455 Euros (around 682 US$ ) is a fortune for a stuffed toy with some wires inside no matter how accurate it looks.
If that is the real price what do they think how many ppl will buy one ? Not to mention shipping costs and import tax will add an easy 100$ extra to this price so we talk about 782-800 $ here.
I guess Reporter Kermit will be 1000-1400$ and Piggy 2000$ then.
If the ecconomy is that bad that actually very few ppl can affort that high priced replica, the decition to produce it seems very stupid to me then.
Its just like they say hey the ecconomy is so bad we will not sell many of this so we prouce less and sell for even more money so even less ppl will buy one.

As i said i would buy one but not at this price. There is absolute no way i can justify this price for this item.
They are doing the posers because people want them.It is not a case of ripping people off.Sure, there are not many people who can afford these replicas, which is why the numbers have to be limited.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
My Thoughts on the Pre-Order Production

The idea of having Muppet posers is incredible. Securing the idea with a company like Disney isn't an easy task in the first place. Beyond that, it's virtually impossible to factory produce a delicately detailed, quality handcrafted item. The development costs alone should be through the roof!

That said, I've never heard of limiting production in pre-ordered batches, but then again - this is a distinct item. I guess anything goes. I'm not completely convinced that's how it's really being done, but we haven't been given reason to think otherwise. The usual factory practice is that the more you make of an item at one time the cheaper it is to produce.

Muppet fans are notoriously fickle customers. We are really the wild card in this arrangement. Some of us buy less attractive items that are cheap and skip the expensive fare and vice-versa. It's wise for the marketing management to be as kind and forthright as possible. That appears to be EFX' goal.

The production cost must be crazy expensive. I wish we could have Rizzo at the $200 range. The jacket detail alone speaks otherwise. I hope there are companies out there that will try to underbid one another. EFX has the layaway plan that others probably will not, but it will most definitely be priced at their suggested retail price. Other companies without layaway could try to sell the item under the SRP. And that's what I'm counting on. I hope there's some market competition even if it's in the pre-order phase. In other words - buying directly from EFX might not be the cheapest option! Bryan has informed us that EFX gets the same margin if Rizzo is purchased through a licensed retailer.

If I can find Rizzo inexpensively enough - licensed retailer with a warranty or Amazon dealer without one - I will get him. Right now it's all about my pocketbook. I understand costs, payment methods, the poser business model and the reasons behind all of it. In the end it's about what I can afford.

Frogpuppeteer

Reaction score
I'm kinda hoping i find Rizzo cheaper later too, but the way this sounds i may not be able to get him

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
There will be online retail stores that will be selling him as well. Not just eFX's site.