eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

rexcrk

Reaction score
I would SO re-buy Kermit if he's dressed up as Luke.

Just sayin' :wink:

(and buy re-buy, I mean that in the sense that I already have the Master Replicas version lol)

Ignohippo

Reaction score
I'm with Jamie in that I'd rather have the signature versions, however SW versions opens them up to an entirely new market. I'd bet there are many of us who would now double-dip to get Kermit as Luke who wouldn't have purchased Reporter Kermit (because it's too close to the MR version).

Anything that could increase the production, sell more units, and bring the cost down, would certainly be welcome news.

I can tell you that if these are the limited edition high-end collectables at Star Wars Weekends this year (replacing the Disney Big Figs), they'd almost certainly sell out (depending on edition size of course). Regardless, I hope eFX sells their replicas at Disney World. They may not actually sells a ton of the signature versions there, but the amount of people who would see them is hard to beat.

I would hope that the signature versions would come out around the same time – you're really looking at two different audiences here and you'd want to produce them at the same time to reduce production costs.

I could see Kermit/Piggy this year and Fozzie/Rizzo next year. Four replicas at once may be a bit much (2xKermit, 2xPiggy) to come out at the same time, but with this marketing scheme, all four would probably sell out reasonably quickly. The signature versions would certainly get a marketing boost from the SW versions if they came out at the same time.

Mark me down for a Kermit as Luke and a signature Piggy!

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Mmm, Not sure how I feel about this? SW is very popular so lets make the Muppets as SW characters then they will sell? I collect and buy Muppets cos I love the Muppets, I have no interest in Star Wars merchandise at all?

However, that said I can see how this could help the line, and by selling two versions, its only the cost of the outfits on each that would vary................doesnt Princess Piggy on The Muppet Show epsiode not have ears? Although the SW Piggy PVC does have ears?

Would I buy both version? Not sure, I guess I'd have to see them first, would still love a Classic Piggy Replica!

Whats next, Fraggle dolls dressed like Harry Potter characters, thats a popular franchise?

Chris

Davina

Reaction score
i am cautiously optimistic.. would definitely want to see how they plan to do this.. but, it could be very cool... hubby and i are fans of both, so, depending on what they look like and price point, we could easily be sucked in.. (though we'd also be just as likely to skip the Kermit Luke, make jedi robes for our MR one and work on a mini custom light saber for him.. we made ones for ourselves, so that bit wouldn't be too hard... heh... ) will have to wait and see would likely re-buy gonzo as vader though, don't think i'd be able to get his mask right myself.. heh..

Luke

Reaction score
So basically then, the truth of the matter is the original idea was so weak sales wise and they were so unlikely to be able to put them out at a decent price - they needed to come up with this ... lol ...

I'm kind of mixed on the idea. If we were talking action figures then sure but i'm not so sold on the idea of themed posers. I think the majority of the Muppet fans would rather have the signature versions and i'm not so sure the Star Wars fans will see the Muppets as "cool" enough to want $400+ posers of them, but if they do then it can only be a good thing for the line. I'd like to see their reaction.

It would have been a good idea to sell seperate costumes or something so one poser can turn into both. I guess its just a costume add on, factory wise - so they can put in greater quantities of the same poser.

People are saying this is great if it keeps the costs of the posers down. Does it? Or does it mean they just might get enough orders to put anything into actual production? We also don't even know the price (i guess maybe it depends on the interest they get in both poser versions now). Be nice if eFX actually announced something rather than whispers via friends.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I've tended to stay out of the replica discussions because my current financial situation being what it is, i just can't justify buying an item of that kind of expense. However, i hold onto hope that that will eventually change - and i know that threads like these are just as valuable for the free market research companies get from the most active/hardcore fanbase as it is the info we get on our end so i have to pipe up here.

The ONLY way i could support something like SW versions of replica Muppets would be if they were done along with the regular versions and if such a practice was seen as a way to keep the costs of the regular ones down. With all the money that a replica costs, i would want it to be the character as the character i know and love...not some dressed-up-in-a-Halloween-costume-THAT-CAN'T-EVEN-COME-OFF variation! And especially not one that a character never wore or wore once for an obscure photo shoot or something. I could take (grouchily) a Kermit Cratchet, Kermit Smollet, or Scarecromit because those are well recognized in Muppet History. Not only do i have NO problem whatsoever with a Reporter Kermit but actually ENCOURAGE one is because that's a very iconic and long-lasting variation of the character.

Fans want replicas because many of us dreamed of owning a genuine Muppet. This is the closest we can get. It wrecks the dream when the Muppet is some bizarro universe varient. It's like spending all summer toiling extra hours for some special gadget that when you get it, turns out to only run on batteries and only about fourteen minutes before needing new ones - a total shattered idea of a dream.

As mentioned, as long as these are available in addition to - and not in place of - "regular replicsa" as a measure to keep the "real" ones' costs down, i can live with it. Fans get what they want, SW fans get something they might like and the completist collectors who will insist of owning anything no matter how stupid, insane, or downright fugly have something else to spend money on that i'll shed no tears that i can't own (and probably wouldn't if i won the lottery.) The only SW Muppet that might give me pause would be Gonzo as Dirth Nadar because - again - that was more of a recurring gag with him instead of something randomly pulled out of a hat.

SW-themed Muppet PVCs or action figures are fun and cool because they're inexpensive and they don't keep others from being made. Replicas are a whole different story - if you're gonna do 'em (and we're gonna PAY big bucks for 'em), they better be done right.

To sum it up, i would much rather buy a poser replica of the horribly ugly continually-made-fun-of-by-fans-after-we've-picked-our-jaw-off-the-floor-from-seeing-it Mini Zoe from this season on Sesame Street than a SW Muppet replica because eyesore that it is, it still resembles the real thing (though the ugliest version of one that no one can believe was conceived by someone fully sober)...and isn't that the whole meaning of replica?

lboyce

Reaction score
I'm baa-ack! Why should the rude people win.In the end, it seemed there was more negitivity than positive feedback and I felt like Fozzie Bear telling jokes to Statler and waldorf! But I see there are people who want me to continue.I dont have any news at the moment, so I will report back when I do.
WHOO HOO! Welcome back, Muppetperson! You were very much missed!