eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
So I am confused....are they still doing Rizzo? I have been working my kaboose off trying to save the money for him and now they are changing them around? I love Star Wars and have always been a huge fan. But I don't want Star Wars character Muppet replicas. They should just make the clothes optional if you want them like MR was going to do. I still would love a reporter Kermit and Fozzie. Bryan where are you? (big sigh). Please make Rizzo and the other characters first. PLEASE! :wink:

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
The ONLY way i could support something like SW versions of replica Muppets would be if they were done along with the regular versions and if such a practice was seen as a way to keep the costs of the regular ones down. With all the money that a replica costs, i would want it to be the character as the character i know and love...not some dressed-up-in-a-Halloween-costume-THAT-CAN'T-EVEN-COME-OFF variation! And especially not one that a character never wore or wore once for an obscure photo shoot or something. I could take (grouchily) a Kermit Cratchet, Kermit Smollet, or Scarecromit because those are well recognized in Muppet History. Not only do i have NO problem whatsoever with a Reporter Kermit but actually ENCOURAGE one is because that's a very iconic and long-lasting variation of the character.

(SNIP)

As mentioned, as long as these are available in addition to - and not in place of - "regular replicsa" as a measure to keep the "real" ones' costs down, i can live with it. Fans get what they want, SW fans get something they might like and the completist collectors who will insist of owning anything no matter how stupid, insane, or downright fugly have something else to spend money on that i'll shed no tears that i can't own (and probably wouldn't if i won the lottery.)
I was going to write something earlier, but thought twice. Then I read this and you capsulized my thoughts pretty much perfectly.

I like the idea of Reporter Kermit and am still planning to buy him if he comes out, but personally, I have no interest in Star Wars Muppets or Star Wars Disney characters or Star Wars Weebles. I'm just not a Star Wars collector.

And I completely agree that I don't want to buy expensive replicas dressed as characters that they're just "playing" for one episode of "The Muppet Show" or some photo shoot. For that matter, I'm not really a fan of the Muppets playing other characters in their movies. That's one of the reasons why I like the first three features, because they are just playing themselves, even when they're actors or reporters, they're still Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo and Piggy.

:stick_out_tongue:

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I was going to write something earlier, but thought twice. Then I read this and you capsulized my thoughts pretty much perfectly.

I like the idea of Reporter Kermit and am still planning to buy him if he comes out, but personally, I have no interest in Star Wars Muppets or Star Wars Disney characters or Star Wars Weebles. I'm just not a Star Wars collector.

And I completely agree that I don't want to buy expensive replicas dressed as characters that they're just "playing" for one episode of "The Muppet Show" or some photo shoot. For that matter, I'm not really a fan of the Muppets playing other characters in their movies. That's one of the reasons why I like the first three features, because they are just playing themselves, even when they're actors or reporters, they're still Kermit, Fozzie, Gonzo and Piggy.

:stick_out_tongue:

I totally agree with you! :wink:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Basically to offer a "Cliff's Notes" version of my above post...

If i'm going to shell out three figures for a Muppet replica, the first words out of the mouths of everyone i show it to should be an excited "OH MY GOSH - IS THAT A *REAL* KERMIT?" (either regular or Reporter Kermit would elicit that reaction) and not an indifferent "So...why is he dressed as Luke Skywalker?"

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I've been thinking that the price of joining the Muppet and Star Wars licenses for this sort of product wouldn't do much do offset costs, but I could be wrong.

The long, deafening silence about Rizzo from eFX and this radical new concept being considered has me concerned. I hope they work something out to get us classic posers.

goodrastus

Reaction score
Calm down everyone and wait for a response. When eFx are ready they will let us know. They know we are waiting so there's no point in debating and getting worked up. The anticipation does keep us wondering but I'm sure there is a good reason. Don't let pessimism take over the boards! :smile:

Muppets Mad

Reaction score
Ok, i havnt looked on here for a while, but im very confused as to whats going on about rizzo? is he being made or what coz im getting pretty annoyed with the dates being put back all the time as to when he is being released!

My partner said he would buy me rizzo for christmas and i still dont know if he is going ahead?

He is on play.com and forbidden planet but im not going to pre order him if he is defenatly not gonna be released! It happened to me before, i pre ordered fozzie bear off the collector zone i think and then months later i heard that he wasnt being made by master replicas. i love fozzie bear, and miss piggy! ive got the other 3 so im getting impatient now and want to buy the next one!:mad:

Please can someone just fill me in on whats happening at the mo,

thank you! x
:shifty:

dwmckim

Reaction score
Calm down everyone and wait for a response. When eFx are ready they will let us know. They know we are waiting so there's no point in debating and getting worked up. The anticipation does keep us wondering but I'm sure there is a good reason. Don't let pessimism take over the boards! :smile:
It's not a question of pessimism. The purpose of threads like this are twofold: (1) getting information to the fans about a product line and (2) providing the makers of the product line free market research/fan response to their decisions. Commenting that a proposed concept is a Really. Bad. Idea. as it's being considered is a way to save the makers of the replicas from doing something disasterous while it's still in the planning stages and before it's greenlit, an announcement is made and it's too late to go back.

Staying silent when a bad idea is on the table leads to said bad ideas becoming reality and everyone wondering "why didn't anyone speak up when it was being considered?" Which leads to New Coke, MiniZoe and the Brady Bunch Variety Hour. Seriously though, if we were all just enthusiastic cheerleaders at every insane idea, we'd get a product no one would buy and other great products wouldn't be made because people would point at the failed line as an example that "Muppets don't sell".

Ignohippo

Reaction score
The only way I could possibly see this as negative is if eFX doesn't put out the signature versions at the same time. Otherwise, it's completely win win for everyone.

I think it's brilliant.

Oh and Ernie, I completely agree with you about not wanting to see Muppets as other characters (but I like them doing a quick spoof once in a while).

I want to see the Muppets as the Muppets, not Muppets do Treasure Island, A Christmas Carol, Wizard Of Oz, etc. To me, that's why the Muppets became so de-railed once Henson died. They were so lacking in new, creative ideas that all they could do was re-make something that had already been written.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
This thread is about support and feedback for Fozzie and the classic Muppet character posers so I see these posts as productive. There is a history of retailers thinking "Muppets don't sell" as just mentioned and that is because the wrong types of products hit the stores. It's good for us to say what we like and so far it's being done very thoughtfully. :halo:

I check by the EFX site periodically, but so far there's not even a section for 2010 news items. They planned to tell us the SRP long ago, so the concern voiced here is natural. I still feel that a cool announcement is headed our way soon. Hope that's the case.

By the way, even though I'm not a fan of the Star Wars posers, I do think a Han-Scooter would be very cool. :wink: