eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

dmoss

Reaction score
Thanks for posting that Jamie; hopefully you'll hear back from eFX, good or bad!

muppetperson

Reaction score
I've contacted them via their website. Here's the message I sent:

"Greetings! I'm James, the staff graphic designer for fan site Muppet Central, freelance artist (formerly with Palisades’s line of toys among other companies) and I currently manage Action Figure Freddy, a collectibles toy shop in San Francisco. I'm wondering about the state of the Muppet posers since eFX Inc. took over for Master Replicas' wonderful series.

I understand the demands in bringing these art pieces to market can be remarkably challenging, but I've lost much enthusiasm for the Muppet posers lately due to lack of follow through in updates and the recent silence. I'd really like to promote you guys in every way at my disposal to help get this line started and keep it going strong! My MR posers will be displayed in the store and if I'm able to purchase your Rizzo, he will join them!

Fans aren’t entitled to every bit of information, but I’m just hoping for some straight-shooting updates, good or bad, concerning the state of things in order to build some good faith and confidence in eFX Collectibles. Is there any way you can announce such things to fans in an official capacity?

Hope all is going well! Thanks for your time and consideration!
-james"

We'll see what happens.
Bryan probably may not have time to read it.I have had to ring him and he has often said he hasnt had time to read the emails.

statler salad

Reaction score
Bryan probably may not have time to read it.I have had to ring him and he has often said he hasnt had time to read the emails.
if he is attempting to run a business, he needs to make the time. Such blatant disregard for his possible customers can be harmful to any future business he can expect from us.

dmoss

Reaction score
Especially now that we know the emails are ignored... :frown:

Ignohippo

Reaction score
I think it's time for us to all take a deep breath and live life with the info we've been given directly from the company (no matter how sparse that might be). I appreciate the second hand info but I think it's time for it to stop. I doubt some of these things (like Bryan's taken a second job, he's too busy to read your emails, etc.) were ever meant to be repeated, so a filter on what is passed on may be best at the least.

I'm not going to get excited to hear things like "a newsletter is coming" anymore – I'll be excited when the newsletter actually comes.

As for the fur being the holdup, if the fur was truly the holdup on Rizzo, then wouldn't they have moved on and released Kermit by now?

muppetperson

Reaction score
I think it's time for us to all take a deep breath and live life with the info we've been given directly from the company (no matter how sparse that might be). I appreciate the second hand info but I think it's time for it to stop. I doubt some of these things (like Bryan's taken a second job, he's too busy to read your emails, etc.) were ever meant to be repeated, so a filter on what is passed on may be best at the least.

I'm not going to get excited to hear things like "a newsletter is coming" anymore – I'll be excited when the newsletter actually comes.

As for the fur being the holdup, if the fur was truly the holdup on Rizzo, then wouldn't they have moved on and released Kermit by now?
Just to clarify, I wrote it SEEMS Bryan has another main job,as his full attention/time management is not completely with eFX, as the website is not kept up to date, limited email response, not in the office,limited PR,etc.
You do make an interesting point about proceeding with Reporter Kermit.I was told it would be like a horse race, so if Rizzo isnt running fast enough, why arent the others overtaking!

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
I think we should all just wait and see. Everyone is thinking the world is going to end tomorrow or something on that line. Just cause you don't hear anything from a company, everyone won't wants to put a conclusion to it and leave it at that. Just let be what it is and wait. Whatever happens happens. We all have been through this before ten folds and should be use to it by now. In my humble opinion, whatever comes our way is either good or bad, but until then, just go on to the next thing. Bryan all knows we want these and I am sure he does to. I am sure he is doing the best he can and he has his hands full in all directions for other line collectibles. I would hate to be in his place right now from all different corners of the production spectrum. Some things take time and sometimes nothing comes out perfectly. The matter is at least we just might be lucky and get any of these, or maybe not.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I have raised all the issues because they need to be addressed and fixed.If we all wait and see, and things keep going the way they have been, this line will not survive.People are rapidly losing interest over the silence and passing pre order dates.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
EFX has yanked our fan chain a little too often. I don't think anyone's jumping the gun here. They should have said something official by now. A whole quarter year has passed. It's time. And seeing how sketchy their site looks right now, not even acknowledging 2010 in their news section, I just don't know what to think! Should I still be saving money? I’d hate to pass up on other things if Rizzo’s not coming out, but I’d also be upset if I’d blown my wad on something else if he does get released. I’m not feeling a whole lot of good faith now. Still waiting back on my inquiry.

Again, we're not entitled to anything, but this just isn't very good public relations. Something's up.