eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

MuppetCaper

Reaction score
Sorry....hate to double post, but do you think that Bryan might bump Rizzo for Kermit? or is there a problem with finding a factory for both of them? Just came to thought since we are on the subject of posers.

Luke

Reaction score
No one is more disappointed or frustrated by the delay than Bryan. He would like nothing more than to have these in production. But reality is getting in the way. When there is news, we will all hear it directly from him.

:stick_out_tongue:
I bet eFX is frustrated, the license is running out .. fast!

I know people will hate this but maybe they oughta just turn these into uber high quality life size plushes without the armatures. At least that way they'd actually have a chance of getting made in a small quantity, if their license even covers that.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing this news with us. It is sad to hear, but at least we are getting some kind of info. I fully understand why Bryan is working hard to make this happen. I will keep my fingers crossed.

Apon that note WOE....did you see any studio scale models there I am really hoping for the Tie Fighter.....if Rizzo does not come out anytime soon, this is my next order if this comes out. Any info on this would be awesome!
I saw an X-Wing model and the Darth Vader helmet and a Star Trek communicator, but I only kind of saw them behind Bryan while I was talking to him. Interesting to note... they're not behind glass and neither are the Muppets. They're sitting right out there. The Star Wars stuff is at eye level, while the Muppets were on a higher shelf. I didn't really spend any time looking at the other stuff they had because Preview night is only three hours and I had other people I needed to meet, plus I wanted to spend the bulk of my time looking at old comic books. Yes, they still have old comic books at Comic-Con! Crazy, huh? If I get a chance, I'll go back and see what else eFX is showing.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
Sorry....hate to double post, but do you think that Bryan might bump Rizzo for Kermit? or is there a problem with finding a factory for both of them? Just came to thought since we are on the subject of posers.
I don't think so and this will address Luke's comment as well.

It's not that Rizzo is more complicated than Kermit, although he is, it's the replica aspect of these that's off-putting for the factories. They have to be made by hand. As Bryan was telling me, there are other factories approved by Disney, but they can't go to a factory that makes stuff for Mattel because of the intricate detail work involved and the small quantity. The big factories won't even consider making such a small quantity of a product. Bryan's example was how the fur needs to be treated and the factory's response was, "by HAND?"

So, a plush version would still just be a big plush with the same quality control problems any other plush has. The armature is not the problem... it's the details that make the factories run away screaming.

Was Once Ernie

Reaction score
A little extra

Henson has a Fraggle Rock display set up in the Marriott Hotel next door to the convention center, with a real Red Fraggle puppet. I don't know if this was ever screen used or not, but it's very nice and you can get right up next to it, although it is encased in plexiglass.

Luke

Reaction score
So, a plush version would still just be a big plush with the same quality control problems any other plush has. The armature is not the problem... it's the details that make the factories run away screaming.

Oh dear .... fingers crossed then a miracle happens lol

:eek:

statler salad

Reaction score
Maybe jumping ahead a little here - but was there any news regarding the development of Miss Piggy?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Think Different

These are the MR issues revisited: Stellar prototypes that can't be replicated in the normal factory process. Plus, we have Disney's firmer grip on quality control this go-round. It looks like everybody needs to rethink things in order to get these done. Willing it to be so and waiting for that one in a million factory just won't make it happen.

I'd hate to say it, but the most feasible ways to make these (without commissioning them to be individually hand made at enormous expense) is to simplify the pattern and materials a bit to make them high end plush that don't require the level of hand detailing required by a legit replica. What Luke said. It's really not a bad idea and could actually bring about a better end result.

These really can't be 100% accurate replicas in any factory process in the first place. There were always going to be some alterations made and some corners cut. There is a way to get these made where these are high-end posable plushes that are nearly authentic poser quality, but at a price point and construction method that's easier to achieve.

I guess this is what I'm trying to say. The posers are inherently going to fall short in some areas no matter what, so why not design around that by intentionally making some changes in construction methods to achieve a similar result that can be better replicated to all specifications. My thinking is if these things had been done by MR in making the Gonzo poser that while the materials would be less authentic - - the "visual" result could have been much closer authentically and looked more pleasing. It would have also been less expensive and probably sold more units.

I don't know a lot about the intricacies of these issues, but I do know a little bit about how things get made and I just don't see this happening without a different approach. Whatever that approach may be.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Henson has a Fraggle Rock display set up in the Marriott Hotel next door to the convention center, with a real Red Fraggle puppet. I don't know if this was ever screen used or not, but it's very nice and you can get right up next to it, although it is encased in plexiglass.

It's probably the new Red puppet that Karen Prell has been performing at appearances and is slated to perform at Comic Con.

All other Fraggle puppets have reportedly been in a terrible state for decades due to lack of use or refurbishment. The state of Henson's Fraggle posers is another issue, of course. That's anyone's guess. Let's hope the new movie happens soon so they'll remake all of these fuzzy little guys. :excited: