eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

dmoss

Reaction score
Thanks for sharing the photos! Boy...they really ARE getting faded in the window, aren't they?

muppetperson

Reaction score
Long time no post...lol.

But I saw this picture of Rizzo and Reporter Kermit on the Gamespot website (at Comic-Con 2010.

http://www.gamespot.com/special_feature/comic-con-2010-photos/gallery/index.html?image=211
I wonder what that purple cusion thing is with Kermit's face on it?
Looks like the chairs have been moved around during the course of Comic Con.
Having another look at that cusion, Kermit's face looks reflected, but the top of the cusion is sharp.So either the coned cusion is sitting in a perspex base, or kermit's face isnt on the cusion, but being reflected on the perspex/glass?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Makes me sad to see these in this condition. I guess there's just one prototype of each. :smile::shifty:

muppetperson

Reaction score
Makes me sad to see these in this condition. I guess there's just one prototype of each. :smile::shifty:
I was thinking-what is Rizzo doing sitting in the sun in a window, when he should be over in China being a study model!
Master Replicas policy was to have 3 artist prototypes made of each.Maybe more than one Rizzo and Kermit were made, but only the one is left for display purposes.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I was thinking-what is Rizzo doing sitting in the sun in a window, when he should be over in China being a study model!
Master Replicas policy was to have 3 artist prototypes made of each.Maybe more than one Rizzo and Kermit were made, but only the one is left for display purposes.
Rizzo's starting to look like the scraggly grey mice I find behind the refrigerator sometimes. Eeek!

Bear Man

Reaction score
WOE and/or muppetperson - was wondering if you could provide some insight for me. Maybe I'm just being single minded because he's my favourite character, but can you help me understand what exactly the huge challenge Fozzie apparently poses? As far as I can tell he's a perfect option for a factory... the amount of fur required would make it appropriate for a large order to be custom-dyed, the fact he has fur means they could get away with no Henson stitch and instead rely on the pile to hide the seams...he would be, in essence, a big teddy bear (with an armature, and that's not all that uncommon). The only potential issue I can see if getting the exact head shape, but there I would suggest instead of foam a vacuum-formed plastic "skull" to give the right shape (people rig these things up in their garage to make Star Wars armour over clay forms...it's not especially expensive) and you're pretty much set. With a rigid skull form underneath you'd actually have a tolerance for error as it would be able to stretch the fabric into shape a little if required. Apart from "he's big" I just can't see the problems - as I said, I would have thought that would actually be a plus in terms of making custom-coloured fur viable.

Luke

Reaction score
You make a fantastic point there Bear Man, and he will attract all the teddy collectors which is obviously a HUGE market.

muppetperson

Reaction score
WOE and/or muppetperson - was wondering if you could provide some insight for me. Maybe I'm just being single minded because he's my favourite character, but can you help me understand what exactly the huge challenge Fozzie apparently poses? As far as I can tell he's a perfect option for a factory... the amount of fur required would make it appropriate for a large order to be custom-dyed, the fact he has fur means they could get away with no Henson stitch and instead rely on the pile to hide the seams...he would be, in essence, a big teddy bear (with an armature, and that's not all that uncommon). The only potential issue I can see if getting the exact head shape, but there I would suggest instead of foam a vacuum-formed plastic "skull" to give the right shape (people rig these things up in their garage to make Star Wars armour over clay forms...it's not especially expensive) and you're pretty much set. With a rigid skull form underneath you'd actually have a tolerance for error as it would be able to stretch the fabric into shape a little if required. Apart from "he's big" I just can't see the problems - as I said, I would have thought that would actually be a plus in terms of making custom-coloured fur viable.
The challenge is his sheer size and cost.That is why eFX have gone small to see how they go.Getting the right fur is always a problem for any character.Also, although Master Replicas made the Fozzie prototypes, eFX will have to start from the begining again as the prototypes were destroyed being pulled apart by the factory to copy and the surviving one went walkabout.

Luke

Reaction score
The challenge is his sheer size and cost.That is why eFX have gone small to see how they go.Getting the right fur is always a problem for any character.Also, although Master Replicas made the Fozzie prototypes, eFX will have to start from the begining again as the prototypes were destroyed being pulled apart by the factory to copy and the surviving one went walkabout.
but surely simplicity in design would account for the cost of materials - and its just general teddy colour fur too. They must do a lot of R&D and QC on the complicated ones like rizzo. I get the point about having to do the prototype over again tho, they already committed those resources obviously.

I think Fozzie may have been a smarter first choice, everyone wanted him. size was the only big issue - tho i guess the factory might still be having to produce a really small amount for what a diz approved one is used to doing.