eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

muppetperson

Reaction score
but surely simplicity in design would account for the cost of materials - and its just general teddy colour fur too. They must do a lot of R&D and QC on the complicated ones like rizzo. I get the point about having to do the prototype over again tho, they already committed those resources obviously.

I think Fozzie may have been a smarter first choice, everyone wanted him. size was the only big issue - tho i guess the factory might still be having to produce a really small amount for what a diz approved one is used to doing.
His pattern isnt that simple.There is still a lot of pieces to him to get the shape of his head right, his arms to be wider at the bottom and his special body shape.Then there is his hat and tie.Terry drew each pokka dot by hand!(I know the factory could screen print them, but it all has to be set up and it takes time to make the two colors template)
Look at kermit-he is described as being a simple pattern, but look at how many pieces there were to make him.

Luke

Reaction score
His pattern isnt that simple.There is still a lot of pieces to him to get the shape of his head right, his arms to be wider at the bottom and his special body shape.Then there is his hat and tie.Terry drew each pokka dot by hand!(I know the factory could screen print them, but it all has to be set up and it takes time to make the two colors template)
Look at kermit-he is described as being a simple pattern, but look at how many pieces there were to make him.
oh wow, didnt realise he was that complicated. Interesting! Terrys Fozzie proto was AMAZING ... i think we could only ever wish for anything even close to that.

Or erm ..lol ... anything at all at the moment lol :eek:

dmoss

Reaction score
Very nice Gonzo likeness! Much better than the one MR put out, in my opinion.

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
So I just got back from the Star Wars Celebration V in Orlando, Florida. Efx had a booth set up with Reporter Kermit and Rizzo on display. I asked about the release date of Rizzo and he told me the same story that we had heard before. He said that the original factories they were looking into weren't living up to their standards so they are now looking for factories in America. He said that they were on the backburner as of right now but they really want to still produce these things. Why would they display them if they had no intentions of producing them? I think we'll at least see Rizzo before their license runs out. So take that news however you want. I think it's good.