eFX Collectibles to produce Muppet Replicas

What Muppet Replica do you want the most?

• Rizzo the Rat

Votes: 44 13.9%
  • Miss Piggy

Votes: 79 25.0%
  • Pepe the King Prawn

Votes: 42 13.3%
  • Fozzie Bear

Votes: 151 47.8%

• Total voters

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
So I just got back from the Star Wars Celebration V in Orlando, Florida. Efx had a booth set up with Reporter Kermit and Rizzo on display. I asked about the release date of Rizzo and he told me the same story that we had heard before. He said that the original factories they were looking into weren't living up to their standards so they are now looking for factories in America. He said that they were on the backburner as of right now but they really want to still produce these things. Why would they display them if they had no intentions of producing them? I think we'll at least see Rizzo before their license runs out. So take that news however you want. I think it's good.
It seems they're trying to maintain interest in the product. That's a good thing. It doesn't mean they're any closer, but at least they're not hiding from their Muppets license. Plus, displaying those posers at their booth does get attention for the rest of their items. Hoping for the best!

muppetperson

Reaction score
He said that the original factories they were looking into weren't living up to their standards so they are now looking for factories in America. He said that they were on the backburner as of right now but they really want to still produce these things.
Well, it looks like if these do ever get made, these will be much more expensive and only a few will be able to afford them.Looks like the non factory idea is circulating again.

the80sdrummer

Reaction score
I do agree that Rizzo will probably be more expensive now if he does get made in the US. I gotta be honest, he's a lot smaller than I envisioned. If he is too expensive, I really can't see myself laying down over $300 for him just because of his size. Yeah I get it that he's smaller in the show but the few pics I had seen of him made him look more like Kermit's size. We shall see.

Ignohippo

Reaction score
Funny, I saw them at Star Wars Celebration and thought Rizzo was a lot smaller than I thought he would be too.

I don't know what the outcome is going to be with these but I doubt either muppets they have in the works would be very successful after seeing them in person. Darn, it seemed so promising in the beginning.

Sorry to be pessimistic, but I really don't see any way eFX is ever going to get these things out there. Way too much time has gone by to re-build the kind of momentum they've lost and the economy is just way too crappy.

Nick22

Reaction score
Funny, I saw them at Star Wars Celebration and thought Rizzo was a lot smaller than I thought he would be too.

I don't know what the outcome is going to be with these but I doubt either muppets they have in the works would be very successful after seeing them in person. Darn, it seemed so promising in the beginning.

Sorry to be pessimistic, but I really don't see any way eFX is ever going to get these things out there. Way too much time has gone by to re-build the kind of momentum they've lost and the economy is just way too crappy.
i kinda agree you with you. i think most everyone has hope at this point...

Davina

Reaction score
if there were news, there'd be posts. if there was hope, there'd be posts. right now, there is neither, so there are no posts.