Sesame Street at A Capital Fourth

Convincing John

Reaction score
Has Eric EVER done Cookie? That was definately David
It could've been David then. I didn't realize that Eric hasn't subbed for Frank as Cookie yet. Given his recent Grover and Bert duties I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet.

My guess is that Jim Martin puppeteered Oscar for that scene. Sometimes he's the one who does if Oscar and Big Bird are in a scene together on the street and Caroll needs a hand.

Convincing John

ssetta

Reaction score
Why Did They Have To Be On This Show?

ChellisPal

Reaction score
any chance anyone has this posted on you tube or anything yet...pbs in ny isnt reairing it

ssetta

Reaction score
I don't EVER want it to reair! It was terrible, and I never wanna see it again! All it did was made me feel even worse for liking the show.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Just because they didn't do enough "classic" songs to suit your own needs? That's a very bias opinion.

Convincing John

Reaction score
Well, Ernie and Bert were scheduled to appear at this event to sing "Rubber Duckie" and "Doin' the Pigeon", but they were unable to attend.

Bert had front row tickets to see a C-SPAN speech live. He also submitted a proposal there to have the eagle on the dollar bill replaced with a pigeon.

Meanwhile, Ernie visited the United States Mint. Ernie wasn't interested in seeing the money. He saw the word "mint" and went looking through the U.S. Mint looking for mint chocolate chip ice cream.

Don Music was also scheduled to play "Yankee Doodle" at this event (via satellite from Philly), but he got arrested during the rehearsal. Instead of hitting his head on the piano, he hit his head on the Liberty Bell instead, making it crack even more.

:wink::stick_out_tongue::zany:

Except for the "Elmo's World" theme song, every song the characters sang on this special were classics from the 1970s! How much more classic can you get than the Sesame Street Theme, C is for Cookie, I Love Trash, Somebody Come and Play and Sing?

If you haven't seen it (or they didn't play it in your area), check the Muppet Wiki. They have info on it, plus a clip.

Convincing John

Oscarfan

Reaction score
I just watched the special on my DVR and I thought their appearance was good, but I couldn't help but notice that the kids in the crowd didn't seem too enthused to see the SS gang.

Erine81981

Reaction score
I enjoyed it really well. I can't complain at all. Now i think there could have been more through out the show but i still enjoyed every song they did and Rostia got to do a duet with what's her name. (sorry it's right at the tip of my tongue but i can't say it) But all and all i thought it was great to see Barack wish them a
40th Happy Birthday.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Ssetta, I think you're being too harsh. I actually thought it was good. But oh well, we're all entitled to our opinions. So it was Carroll as Big Bird? I was wondering about that. I thought it sounded like Vogel at first, but once he started singing, I knew it sounded like the Big Bird voice I grew up with. :wisdom: I'd have to say that I liked Rudman as CM, the rendition of 'C is for Cookie' sounded so good, I could have sworn it was a recording from when Frank Oz sang that song. It's great to hear all those classic songs from the show. I was a bit surprised that Abby sang 'Somebody Come and Play' though. Surprising she'd know the song, since she's only been on the street a couple years. That might have worked better if it had been Grover. Oh, well. For the most part I thought that performance was real enjoyable.

Convincing John

Reaction score
So it was Carroll as Big Bird? I was wondering about that. I thought it sounded like Vogel at first, but once he started singing, I knew it sounded like the Big Bird voice I grew up with.
It was Caroll all right. Vogel's Big Bird (to me) sounds like Big Bird has a slightly stuffed up beak and needs some Vicks Vapo-Beak Rub or something. (Check out the Journey to Ernie stuff, you'll hear it).

Also...and this comes from a lot of watching...you can sometimes tell by the way a puppet moves who's performing it. It just looked like Caroll's movements (for Big Bird) rather than Matt's to me.

David Rudman is getting better at Cookie. If he just went a little deeper, he'd nail it. I wouldn't mind seeing what Eric can do with Cookie if he had the chance.

I enjoyed the appearance. The 4th of July parade and fireworks in my area got rained out. The parade was completely cancelled and the fireworks postponed. So, I celebrated the 4th by watching this cool appearance. As they always do, classic SS songs brighten my day. Only that time, they turned my crappy 4th into a good one.

Oh yeah, and I thought the intro to the segment by Obama was cool too. How cool is that to be introduced to an audience by the President?

:wisdom::insatiable::grouchy:

Convincing John