New Disney Muppets Figures Revealed

beaker

Reaction score
Thanks to the tip by Frogboy, here's a peak at some of the upcoming Muppet vinyl figures Disney is releasing
(shown is Piggy, Rizzo and Bunsen, Statler, Waldorf and Fozzie )
http://www.vinylnation.net/vinyls/muppetsseries1/muppets1.html

It says

"Muppets Series #1 is scheduled to be released in Late 2009.

- Piggy
- Fozzie
- Statler
- Waldorf
- Bean Bunny
- Rowlf
- Beaker
- Sweetums
- Dr. Bunsen Honeydew
- Rizzo
- Disney Tourist Kermit "

Woot! Bean Bunny!

Yoda Man

Reaction score
Sounds cool! Never heard of these before, so I just read over the site. It says:

"The 3" vinyls come in a blind box, meaning all the boxes look the same, you can't see inside, and you'll have no idea what it will be until you open it. When the store displays the vinyls for sale, they display them in a tray of 24 blind boxes. In each tray there are two sets of eleven, the chaser, and what we call a filler. The filler is an extra vinyl to complete the tray of 24. This means that each tray will actually have three of one specific design (ex: 3 of Monorail Red, 2 of everything else except the chaser, and 1 chaser). There will never be two chasers in the same tray."

I assume that means these will be a case of 12. If so, who's left? A regular Kermit? Also, it seems the little 3" ones are $10. A bit expensive, so I'll probably just grab one or two.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mwha? What are these... Vinylmation? Static posed figurines? Small figurines with some articulation? Poseable vinyls? And most importantly, how do they look compared with the Palisades line in both quality and height?

Beauregard

Reaction score
I won't lie to ya, they look ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly, ugly. All of them have huge Micky-Mouse ears, round heads with oddly shaped mouthes and noses, little fat bodies, little arms and feet. I guess they are cool if you are a collector of the vinal figs, but as a collector of Palisades...nothing alike at all.

They are more like something from Duplo, or Lego.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Mmm, Vinylmation then. Hexactly what I thought. If I'm gonna get excited about finally getting a Bean Bunny figure/figurine at Disney, it'll be the Muppet*Vision 3D one.

Call me when a decent line of figures starts up again. Or at least a multi-teared Muppaverse series of smaller figurines.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
These are pretty hot and have their market! Some fans will like them, others will pass.

I know a little more about this style lately after working with the Monskey people and creating the new www.monskey.us site. A lot of people are doing this now and Disney has finally stepped up to the plate. Their sculpt isnt' the best, but it's all in fun. There Kermit is cute!

Here's an assortment including Kermit. And here's a Kermit turnaround. He's hard to find now!

theprawncracker

Reaction score
I actually really like these. I saw them when I was down in WDW this March and was really upset when I couldn't find a Kermit--I did manage to find a pin of a Vinylmation Kermit, though. I'll probably see about investing in these. I'm shocked that Gonzo isn't included in the lineup, however... that's REALLY disappointing.

muppetperson

Reaction score
Mwha? What are these... Vinylmation? Static posed figurines? Small figurines with some articulation? Poseable vinyls? And most importantly, how do they look compared with the Palisades line in both quality and height?
They are basically just a Mickey Mouse base figure with repaints to turn them into Muppet figures.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
I agree with Beau, they look odd. I suppose I'm happy they're making something, but I don't think I'll be buying any of these.

goodrastus

Reaction score
I'm glad they have their market but these don't appeal to me at all - lol