"The" Cookie Monster?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I think he's called THE cookie monster, cause there are more like him now... His mother, his granny, his baby sister/cousin, his Papa, so there must be MORE cookie monsters out there... Its sorta like Kermit THE frog, where there are more frogs, ya know?
Actually, I disagree for the same reason. He isn't THE Cookie Monster... he's from a long family of Monsters that are very ravenous when it comes to food, and "Cookie" is his name... I know there are a couple instances of people named Cookie (be it a nickname or otherwise)... I just can't think of any right now.

LamangoNumber2

Reaction score
Well, Cookie revealed a 'real name' twice. Arnold and Sid. Maybe he was the first one discovered?

Erine81981

Reaction score
It's the same way when they used to say (which they still do but sometimes) used to The Count was always Count Von Count. Now it's just The Count or Count. And it know Jerry still uses the same line he has always said with Count is "I am Count Von Count because i love to count things." I every once in a while still hear that from The Count. :batty:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Well, Cookie revealed a 'real name' twice. Arnold and Sid. Maybe he was the first one discovered?
It is my observation that "Arnold" was the name given to a pre-SS Cookie Monster like character to be used to sell potato chips. I'm guessing it's the same green fanged Cookie Monster from the Ed Sullivan show. So on a technicality it may not have even been that character.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Hmmm. I don't know. CM was referred to as The Cookie Monster in a recent episode. Either the Cookie Hood ep or the Cookie Flu ep, but someone mentioned 'You are the Cookie Monster.' Just thought I'd mention that because it seems that they still put 'the' in front of his name depending on what they're talking about. I actually haven't found any thing about the original Television monster on You Tube though. If I come across anything like that, I'll let you all now.