Happy Birthday, Karen Prell!

Nick22

Reaction score
HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAREN PRELL!

thank you for bringing us one of the most beloved characters of fraggle rock, red.:excited:

Whimsy

Reaction score
Happy belated birthday, Karen Prell!

She's one of my favorite Muppeteers, particularly for her ongoing advocacy for Fraggle Rock, while being one of the most impressive people I've ever known about as far as embracing new challenges.

I enjoy watching the small touches that make Red Fraggle come alive, such as often cocking her head around as she carefully examines objects in the world around her. One of the early episodes of Fraggle Rock, Let the Water Run, has a few segments where the camera is really close on Red, and how she contemplates how to retrieve an item she needs for the show she wants to put on, while she slowly comes to a realization. In the same episode, she has a certain disagreement with Gobo about the myth of a magical item. In both of these scenes, Red comes alive through Karen's performance.

Outside of Fraggle Rock, she's adapted to animation, and more recently she's had a certain amount of involvement with Video Games. In a way, she's touched my generation from the beginnings, into our teenager years, and as an animator for Valve, she's still with us.

Karen, stay awesome!

Ilikemuppets

Reaction score
Really super late happy Birthday to Mrs. Karen Prell! Love you! :excited: