No More 14 Oz Antron Fleece!

wes

Reaction score
ANY ONE HAVE ANY 14 OZ ANTRON FLEECE.

Brandi at GA Stage told me that they don't carry it and that the people they by it from no longer makes it.

I love the heavier material, it covers the seams better is there another place in the states that carries it?

Or does any one have any to sell?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Didn't we hear a while back that antron fleece, in general, wasn't going to be made anymore?

If this is the case, then a lot of puppets are in trouble!

puppetsmith

Reaction score
That's right! No more 14 ounce. And the 12 ounce has been through at least 2 revisions in the passed 3-4 years. If you are used to working with the old 14 ounce antron, Wes, then the new 12 ounce antron is not going to be your favorite...but it's all we got.:wink:

Put your order in now! As of September 1st, the price is going up to $16.25 a yard.

CoOKiE

Reaction score
whats the difference between the two?

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
ANY ONE HAVE ANY 14 OZ ANTRON FLEECE.

Brandi at GA Stage told me that they don't carry it and that the people they by it from no longer makes it.

I love the heavier material, it covers the seams better is there another place in the states that carries it?

Or does any one have any to sell?
thier is only one manufactuer of the puppet fleece we all know, yes the new stuff is not great but its still way better than Polar fleece,

the problem is thatthe Threads used to weave the Material have changed, a Thread manufactuer in Asis cut the production of the exact thread that was used for fleece, the new threads are finer resulting in a Much stretchier , less full Fleece, it still works, but it takes time to get used to it.

wes

Reaction score
that sucks!

I guess the puppet community will have to find a new material to replace antron.

At least Fur will always be around!

wes

Reaction score
whats the difference between the two?
Well my first "real" puppet I made with 12oz antron was ok but the seams were more visible. the 12oz had a low nap.

the next puppet i mad ,i used the 14 oz it had a dense nap that hide the seam really good.

My question is if they were going to stop making it why stop with the 14 oz, why get rid of the superior 14oz.

I really want to find out who makes it and see about buying it in bulk, it might be crazy to expensive. but you never know until you ask!

rickly

Reaction score
The manufacturer DID try a trial run of 14 oz. fleece using the yarn that is now available, and it was a disaster. The yarn is too thin to make a satisfactory heavier weight fleece. After the bad run, the manufacturer vowed never to try to make 14 oz. again.

So what there is right now is what there will be. Be thankful there's any fleece available at all.

BTW, the by-the-yard price at Georgia Stage will be going up $2/yd. September 1. Considered yourself warned.

Rick

CoOKiE

Reaction score
Thnx for getting back to me :smile:

I havn't gotten around to trying either... I still feel i'm in the learning stages (5 years ago I started and i'm still saying that).

My creations havn't been bad... but i'd like to make my first drafts with cheaper material and see how things can work.

I've been pretty satisfied with just the fabric i've been on, so when i'm ready do redo my characters, i'll keep antron in mind... hopefully a good fabric releases within a year. I'd like to try it out sometime

alfers1985

Reaction score
$2 a yard? really? that seams kinda high to me. There is such a monopoly on Antron.