Kermit Green...

muppetinsider

Reaction score
Ok, so planning on purchasing two eFX Kermit's, one for display and one to keep in the box and save. The one for display I will be placing in my home theater room, which is a retro TV theme, lots 70's collectibles. I am redoing my couch and chair and would like to dye the material Kermit green to match my future display Kermit. Does anyone know what the colors are that are used to create the Kermit green? Is it RIT dye? I've tried different color combos and cannot seem to get the vivid color that Kermit is.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
I know some stores do offer Kermit Green as a paint color, check out any paint store and ask.

ravagefrackle

Reaction score
guys, are even reading his question,

paint is easy to have matched or approximated, As for your Couch and Cahir, I suggest you speak to a Re-upholsterer, they should be able to help you find a suitable material, you dont want to just use any old fabric on a couch or chair.

muppetinsider

Reaction score
Lol; sorry for the misunderstanding guys; Thanks ravagefrackle... But I am looking to dye material, I know I will not match stock material exact. I'm looking for the actual mix of colors using RIT or maybe one of the better dyes like Aljo, or something similar.
I ordered RIT's neon Green, but it's not at all it. Do you know the actual mixture they use to get Kermit's Green?

Melonpool

Reaction score
I was told that the original Kermit was an off-the-shelf RIT dye, but it looks a lot different in real life because the studio lights make it look a lot brighter. In order to match Kermit's color, you have to mix colors -- but every time I ask about this, the stock answer is "experiemt -- no two dye batches react exactly the same."

I know. Frustrating. I just want a peach color myself, and haven't stumbled onto anything I like as much as "Melon" colored polar fleece.

Steve

muppetperson

Reaction score
The Kermit color is number 375, which I think is a Pantone color chart number.So now you have to find out if Rit make it.

muppetinsider

Reaction score
I've checked with the pantone colors as well, but I'm now thinking that they probably use Aljo dyes as it's a more professional grade and quality than RIT, and you can achieve richer deeper colors then you'll ever get with RIT.
I'm looking at the MR Kermit and it is the correct color, however I'm trying to figure out the recipe to achieve this bright green.

rickly

Reaction score
RIT dyes will never give you the saturation you're looking for. Why? Because RIT dye is created for mass-market consumers. It is formulated to be reasonably effective on as many DIFFERENT materials as possible. That means it is OK on some and dreadful on others. It is difficult to be all things to all people. You'll want to try Aljo dyes formulated for the specific fabric you're using. But if you're using it to cover a chair and a sofa, look out, because even a very well rinsed fabric that is dyed is likely to bleed a bit - so never wear anything white on your furniture! I suggest you go with some close-enough color fabric that is commercially available. Like Ravagefrackle said.

BTW, Kermit's fleece is not the same fleece that all the other Muppets are made from. It is manufactured green, not dyed green afterwards.