Pre-Order Fraggle Season 4 DVD Boxset

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
What a week for DVD announcements... :excited:

Three exciting Fraggle Rock releases are coming Tuesday November 3. Here are the details on the long-overdue Fraggle Rock Season 4 DVD Boxset.

Pre-Order Fraggle Rock Season 4 Boxset – Save 30%
Available on its own for the first time, this 5-DVD set includes all 24 episodes from the last season of the program, including the series finale. Video is full screen, audio is English 2.0, and it is closed captioned for the hearing impaired. That gets you 596 minutes of featured episodes, plus almost two hours worth of the following bonus material:
  • The Inner Gorg - An Interview with the Performers inside the Costumes
  • Designing the Puppets - An Interview with the Puppet Makers
  • Directing the Fraggles - An Interview with Eric Till and George Bloomfield
  • Let the Music Play - An Interview with Phil Balsam and Dennis Lee
  • Dance Your Cares Away - The Evolution of the Theme Song
  • You Cannot Leave the Magic - Excerpts from the Last Day of Shooting
  • Celebrating Fraggle Rock - Excerpts from the Wrap Party
Since most of us will be getting these long-awaited Fraggle release, we'd like to mention that if you order any of these DVD’s from the above links that a small portion of your order will go to Muppet Central to help keep the site, forum and radio running smoothly. It's a great way to help MC and get a great price on these DVDs with a low-price guarantee. Meaning, you can pre-order now and save 30% off the regular price (and if Amazon lowers the price even more you're guaranteed the lowest price by pre-ordering). We appreciate each person that helps support MC by placing orders through the site.

ploobis

Reaction score
I am really excited about this release! :smirk: :excited: :coy:

I have been waiting for a stand alone release of Season 4 on DVD! Makes me happy that I didn't buy the Complete Series set.

I guess it's true what they say, Good things come to those who wait.

vaati64

Reaction score
I think I'm just gonna sell my complete series set and rebuy the complete series. Or I'll buy season four by itself. I haven't decided yet.

GoblinBabe

Reaction score
Fraggle Final Season

Yes! Now I don't have to give my individual series away and buy the complete set. I can just buy the Forth Season! Yay! Although I might later on and share the Fraggles with my little niece. :smile: I'm so Excited!

Monster

Reaction score
I won't be negative about this- I am in the business and I understand the need to do certain things to keep products afloat. I have purchased the individuals and felt a little bad that they stopped at season 3 of the boxed sets. I am just TOO much of a Fraggle Rock fan to have trusted that HIT Entertainment would invest in the balance of the Fraggle individual box sets after releasing the full series. I am excited about having the extras that come with the individuals that aren't part of the full set- like the Jim Henson notebook in season one. As I said I am in the business and have so many perks that I dare not complain about spending a little more on the worthy Fraggle products. So I will be buying season 4 along with you all.

I really love Muppet Central and hope to be helpful if I can be to any of you- as I have been in the past. I design all the new DVD covers and direct all the still photography photo shoots of the Sesame Street Muppets- so if you have seen any DVDs from Sesame Street- from "Elmo's World: What Makes You Happy" on you have seen my work- I do lots of other things but in this case I just wanted to point out that I do work for the Home Video department at Sesame Workshop and understand the dilemma of keeping product moving before lack of sales becomes the reason to kill a product line. Putting out the full boxed set of the entire series may have helped season 4 come out.

Enjoy!

cuckyjo

Reaction score
Season 4

Im so excited that they have season four coming to dvd I used to watch the fraggles as a kid and missed them when they went off the air! What Im wondering is if they are going to be putting them back on the air for the younger generation to watch? thats what it sounded like in their news but I didnt know for sure :excited:

petrieboy

Reaction score
Interesting... Confusing.

I am confused. Is HIT owned by, or do they work with, LIONSGATE? Or has JHC left HIT behind?

I am confused because if Lionsgate has nothing to do with HIT, it's so strange that they skipped the first 3 seasons and only released the 4th season, and that the 4th season has the exact same design as HIT's series. And then, on top of that, re-released the complete box set.

Or maybe it's not so strange. Lionsgate is an intelligent company that has released many artistic and interesting films over the years. It's funny, because I have often recommended the film "All the Little Animals" to Jim Henson fans, and that film was released by Lionsgate. But mainly it wouldn't be so strange, because Lionsgate would have researched the best way to make money off the product. They would have understood that many people were just holding out for a 4th season and would jump on a 4th. They would also have understood that the complete series released by HIT was severely criticized for its packaging style, which caused scratching and falling out of dvds. They would have figured that giving a tighter package and a lower retail price would draw in repeat buyers and new buyers.

Well, it worked. I sold my individual dvd sets last year, but held off on buying the complete series. I will be one of the buyers of the complete Lionsgate series.

My final question: What is the difference in special features from the previous complete series and the new complete series... and does the new one contain the "new" Red short?

petrieboy

Reaction score
I was interested in the Fraggle Rock Holiday dvd at first glance. I thought maybe it was something new. You can get Bells of Fraggle Rock within the series. The Fraggle cartoon bonuses are bugging me. I wish they'd either give all 13 as a complete series bonus or provide them all in one release. The sing-along will most likely be included when they release Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas.

And guys, now is the time to plead with Lionsgate for an unedited Emmet Otter. The company has money. They are not Warner Bros, but they are not some fledgling company by any means. A petition really might work with them.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Answering a few questions here...

1 The Fraggle Holiday release, noone nows what that contains just yet.
2 Yes, JHC left HIT behind, their contract expired earlier this year.
3 JHC inked a new contract with Lionsgate, giving them access to releasing their library of past productions.
4 Lionsgate was aware of, and most probably received letters about the buying community wanting both the stand-alone Season 4 set and better packaging for the complete series. I thank them for this, as I can go get the Season 3 and 4 sets now to add to Seasons 1 and 2.
5 No, Red's short won't be included as it wasn't ready for inclusion in the Season 4 bonus material when it was released as part of the complete series last year.

Hope this helps.

petrieboy

Reaction score
Thank you.

But the Red short film was included in the previous complete series set?

The Fraggle holiday dvd content is listed in the announcements section.