Pre-Order Fraggle Season 4 DVD Boxset

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Meh. As I recall, the Red's short wasn't in the complete series released last year.

dwmckim

Reaction score
Adding some stuff not mentioned -

"Red short" - this was originally mentioned in the original announcements for the first complete series release. However this was changed between the original announcement and final release. They didn't have enough time to follow through on it.

Before the HIT contract expired, Henson had also begun a working relationship with Lionsgate - not only did LG co-distribute the original complete series boxset with HIT but LG also distributed the Farscape: PK Wars DVD.

Traveling Matt

Reaction score
I hope Henson and Lionsgate can issue both box sets with some sort of replica material, keeping them in line with the other releases.

With so much work already done, including new package designs, there might still be time to cook something up before November 3rd.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I wish the Henson Company would find a way to do what other companies have done and release CD singles of difficult to market material on demand via website. I think Warner Brothers has done this with its classic movies. You know, plain cover, no DVD silkscreen or big remastering effort - just a transfer from the master tapes on file. I mean, it's better than the material not seeing the light of day because a larger effort would be costly and have demanding rights-holders asking for large cuts.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
And guys, now is the time to plead with Lionsgate for an unedited Emmet Otter. The company has money. They are not Warner Bros, but they are not some fledgling company by any means. A petition really might work with them.
I honestly don't think it matters how much money Lionsgate has to be honest. Since Disney now owns Muppets, Kermit is an official Disney character. Disney has a rule about not leading or renting out their characters for any reason especially to competition. They let footage of Kermit still be released with Sesame Street DVDs, cause Sesame Street is a non-profit group, Lionsgate isn't. They are competition to Disney with their releases of TMNT, X-Men, Speed Racer and now Fraggles. Disney will not let Lionsgate relase a Emmet Otter or Christmas Toy DVD with Kermit, no matter how much money they throw Disney's way, not that Disney needs the money. It's just now going to happen, Hit has already tried, Disney won't change their mind on Kermit.

bazooka_beak

Reaction score
Yeah, they wouldn't let the Kermit footage be in the Christmas Toy release either, so I wouldn't bother getting any hopes up :/

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
If a separate season 4 DVD can be released, I'll believe anything is possible! Lol, maybe not soon, but eventually. :wink:

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Although I might later on and share the Fraggles with my little niece. :smile: I'm so Excited!
That's a really nice idea! I donated my season sets to my old Pre school a few months ago. The kids need to experience Fraggles! : D

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Hi All,

Just looking around the web at sites that sell this boxset in the UK. I usually use www.dvdconcept.com they have listed season 4 but as a USA release at £20.99 and also a Canadian Issue at £16.99?

Does anyone have any idea if these are different or the same, strange that the Canadian version is cheaper?

Also for anyone else in the UK http://www.playusa.com/DVD/Region_1...itle&searchstring=fraggle&page=search&cur=513 has Season 4 at only £12.99 delivered and Fraggle Holiday at only £6.99 delivered, great prices.

Chris

Redsonga

Reaction score
*does a little fraggley victory dance*
I don't be pre-ordering, but I will be buying it :3!:excited: