On the subject of remakes...

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I don't know whether this was implyed but there actually is gonna be a wolfman remake, I've seen the trailer, is epic!
Yeah I saw that, with Anthony Hopkins. I just hope the movie isn't full of useless cgi.

Fluffets

Reaction score
Yeah I saw that, with Anthony Hopkins. I just hope the movie isn't full of useless cgi.
Doesen't seem so for some odd reason:confused:. And when I say that I was only having a joke because CGI's being used so much, I think its good that a remake of such a classic film is using similiar things to the original, like using makeup/prosthetics over non-stop CGI.:sing:

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
They're using makeup in this one? Wow.....Someone most be bold enough to do something people did over 10 years ago.

Drtooth

Reaction score
They're using makeup in this one? Wow.....Someone most be bold enough to do something people did over 10 years ago.
Where the Wild things Are is bold. They're using animatronics instead of CGI. And frankly, as "ancient" as that is, it gives a stark reality that CGI can't offer... and I don't think it ever will.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
It's funny. I think it was Brian Henson who pointed out that they started to perfect animatronics just as the technology was being replaced with CGI. When you watch the animatronics on Revenge of the Sith, they're really incredible! Much better looking than CGI, I think.

But... I think remakes are only remakes if they're based on movies. Remakes based on books and not on movies are just based on the book. ... Right.

Fluffets

Reaction score
It's funny. I think it was Brian Henson who pointed out that they started to perfect animatronics just as the technology was being replaced with CGI. When you watch the animatronics on Revenge of the Sith, they're really incredible! Much better looking than CGI, I think.

But... I think remakes are only remakes if they're based on movies. Remakes based on books and not on movies are just based on the book. ... Right.
What anamatronics? I don't see any in revenge of the sith.:confused:

Yva Minstrel

Reaction score
I generally don't like remakes. I loved Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, and think that Gene Wilder was the best for the role. It's one of my all time favorite movies, too.

I tend to avoid remakes simply because I am a fan of the first time around. The Nutty Professor with Jerry Lewis is so hysterically funny, that I cannot imagine watching the Eddy Murphey film, even though I like Eddy Murphey in other things.

But, that's just my take on it.

JaniceFerSure

Reaction score
Most of the remakes are usually based on the new interpretation of the newest creators making the movie. Their are some directors that take movie versions in completely new directions & then there are some that try to copy the old and add their own visions(Wonka/Planet of the Apes), then there is the third(example Psycho) following the script and frame precisely as the original.

Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland coming up: the way he is doing it astounds me, because he is taking the book and bringing it to life; being true to the proportions of the characters, their looks(a la Burton style) & their environments. My jaw dropped when I looked at the new pics for the movie: the head size of the Queen of Hearts, Alice is finally showing her size in adjacent to the others, the detailing of the flowers in the garden, etc...I am looking forward to this a lot, Alice in Wonderland/Looking Glass is my favorite book.

As far as Neverending Story being remade, unless the creative movie makers behind it follow the book precisely, the movie should be left alone. I had this argument with my dad over 20 years ago when the movie came out & we compared it to the book version. Unless Tim Burton, or another director of sci-fi can interpret the book correctly into film form, I believe it would just be another remade/remake/copy of an old film.