The Muppet Mindset

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Are the vinylmation figures blind boxed or do people know what figures they're getting when they purchase them? If they come in blind boxes then they should include an obscure character.

kermambo

Reaction score
Thanks dwmckim. I'm glad people were enjoying it, but it was becoming a pain.
As for asking people to submit questions, I actually did that a few times, on the blog, on here and on Facebook, but no-one ever submitted anything. What were your questions?
--Jarrod

minor muppetz

Reaction score
As for asking people to submit questions, I actually did that a few times, on the blog, on here and on Facebook, but no-one ever submitted anything. What were your questions?
--Jarrod
Considering you were able to get Joe Mathiew to give an answer regardign Oscar's trash can lid hat (and judging by the image provided it doesn't exactly look like the one on his trash can... And I think that lid was in the shot), I'd have liked to see a question mark segment on why Herry Monster wears striped pants in illustrations and merchandise.

dwmckim

Reaction score
--Jarrod
--Jarrod
The question about Herry's pants that minor muppetz just posted was one of them!

Here's the other...

Betty Lou and Prairie Dawn often got confused for each other - partly due to Fran Brill often playing Betty Lou in a similar manner. But to confound the confusion even more, in the late 70's, a new "little girl" character played by Fran appeared on two SST records: Numbers! and What Time Is It On Sesame Street? named Marylou! Marylou sounded like Fran's other little girl characters (though with some subtle differences). She was practically the "star" of the WTIIOSS album since she was the Muppet most featured on it (though the album cover showed Prairie Dawn). It's obvious the album sleeves weren't misprints since the tracks with Marylou on them make a point of mentioning her name with her introducing herself or other characters referring to her by name.

So what was the whole deal with Marylou? Were there trying to introduce another female character but scrapped the idea due to no real distinction between Prairie/Betty Lou? Did Jeff Moss get a temporary case of amnesia and forget the name of Prairie or Betty or mixed them up together (and none of the other performers noticed or questioned it?) Just what exactly was up with that whole Weird Moment in Muppet History?

Now here's where tracking down an answer gets challenging...the most likely source to get the best answer from (who's still alive) doesn't remember herself! I asked Fran about this a few years ago when she was one of the guests at the Mesa AZ stop of the Jim Henson's Fantastic World exhibit and she couldn't remember a thing about Marylou. Though in the meantime, she could have remembered something after the question was presented to her or maybe if she was presented with audio files of Marylou's tracks it might jog her memory of the recording sessions or seeing the name Marylou for the first time (she had to question it or think it odd).

Besides those two, i'm sure i and others could come up with some good questions not so easily found elsewhere presently. Maybe you could either revive the column or just retitle it "Weird Moments in Muppet History" or something.