Your Thoughts: Kermit and Miss Piggy on America's Got Talent

Frogster

Reaction score
How come no one has said the real crime that happened that night was David Hassellhoff's singing? :smirk:

Drtooth

Reaction score
How come no one has said the real crime that happened that night was David Hassellhoff's singing? :smirk:
That is the smartest thing you've said this entire thread, man! I was about to say the same thing.

But then again, I'm not German...his charms are lost on me! :smile:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
I was thinking that. Two of the most shocking Broadway castings in history to my knowledge: David Hassellhoff in Chicago and Tony Danze in The Producers.

Drtooth, I've been mainly concerned about Steve's health, too. I hope he is well, and if he is ill, that he gets well soon. Caring for an illness is a very good reason to stay away from performing. Gotta take care of yourself.

muppetinsider

Reaction score
Artie is the closest thing to Jim's Kermit, he brought the magic back. The more I watch it, the more I like it. I will upload the footage I have of the in-house Disney stuff and paste a link here for all to check out!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
... I must have watched something else. I did not see "magic." Decent puppetry, yes. No magic. I didn't really see that his and Eric's chemistry were comparable to Jim and Frank's either. Yes, I feel a great deal of loyalty to Steve Whitmire. I won't deny that. But I didn't feel like I was watching Kermit at all in this appearance.

But I've stated this before. And you've stated that before. And Montana is a state. And I just stated that it was. :sing: And they all lived together on a boat! :sing:

Drtooth

Reaction score
... I must have watched something else. I did not see "magic." Decent puppetry, yes. No magic. I didn't really see that his and Eric's chemistry were comparable to Jim and Frank's either. Yes, I feel a great deal of loyalty to Steve Whitmire. I won't deny that. But I didn't feel like I was watching Kermit at all in this appearance.
Personally, I think Steve and Eric have a great chemistry... much better than Frank and Steve did. Especially when they're playing Ernie and Bert. A lot of the time in Ernie and Bert skits where Steve is Ernie and Frank is Bert, there's some sort of small friction. but I think Steve and Eric pair up nicely... sort of like how Joey and David make a much better 2 headed monster than Jerry and David did.

Now, frankly, the main issue here is that Artie has never been seen performing Kermit in a public broadcast before. No doubt we're not use to him, but I'd wager he's not 100% used to performing Kermit and working with other performers that have worked with worked with different puppeteers of the same character. I'm sure that soon enough, let's say something happens to Steve, or he just needs an understudy, he'll get the character down with a lot of practice down the line.

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Personally, I think Steve and Eric have a great chemistry... much better than Frank and Steve did. Especially when they're playing Ernie and Bert. A lot of the time in Ernie and Bert skits where Steve is Ernie and Frank is Bert, there's some sort of small friction. but I think Steve and Eric pair up nicely... sort of like how Joey and David make a much better 2 headed monster than Jerry and David did.
Yes, I think Steve and Eric's chemistry is great. I was referring to the chemistry from this episode of America's Got Talent.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
I dont think anyone here has anything personal against "Artie" if thats really his name- but if it was me, I would really hope that someone would tell me that I was horrible for 2 reasons- 1 so that I may get better 2 so that I might just realize that Im not cut out for that part and not do it again. Just because you cant preform Kermit well does not mean your a bad puppeteer, that your a bad actor, that your a bad person. Just purely that you sound nothing like Jim, and really thats what the game is about.

I am a die hard muppet fan, but I sound NOTHING like any of the muppets, but I dont expect any of you to tell me I sound good or to humor me just because Im a fellow fan.

Yeah. I agree with that. Recasts don't mean personal attacks against that person. It's just not the character we know. I didn't like that they replaced Harriette Winslow on the last season of 'Family Matters,' but it doesn't mean I think anything bad of Judyann Elder. I'm sure she's a great actress. It just wasn't the Harriette we've known for eight and a half years. (Well, longer than that actually since she also played Hariette for two years on 'Perfect Strangers' before FM began.) It's the same thing with Kermit. I'm sure Artie has a lot of talent, but since we've seen the same Kermit for nearly 20 years now, anybody else performing him would come as a shock.