Project: Go-fer

Melonpool

Reaction score
Good start! I tried building a Scooter years ago as well, but only got as far as sculpting him. I still run across the thick white yarn I saved (and was going to dye red) for the project.

I love the glasses! Did you fabricate those as well. The ones I was using were made from a watercolor paint try like this one:

http://www.stainedglassoriginals.com/images/paint tray.jpg

Are you planning to use a different fabric for the final, or did your flash wash out the orange color?

Scooterthegofer

Reaction score
Actually, he is that color and he's going to be. The lighter color may not be realistic, but it's close enough.

The glasses are Harry Potter glasses, with plastic inserts (they have no lenses) and ping-pong balls for eyes.

Melonpool

Reaction score
Ah! Believe it or not, but back when I was trying to make mine, Harry Potter wasn't even around, yet! :wink:

I agree -- the lighter color is fine. Do you have any pocs of the other puppets you've built?

Scooterthegofer

Reaction score
Thanks. My other puppets (a Kermit and some originals) have done a show, but in fear of copyright issues, I won't upload it anywhere.

Fluffets

Reaction score
Thanks. My other puppets (a Kermit and some originals) have done a show, but in fear of copyright issues, I won't upload it anywhere.
My advice is go for youtube, barely anyone cares about copyrights except for songs.

muppetinsider

Reaction score
Very good start. I think you should make the glasses a bit smaller though.