The New Movie: The Muppets

hoopless

Reaction score
That's probably a good call. I'd like to think Paul Williams will be involved at least if they're truly going back to make it more of a classic Muppet movie. I read in one interview with Stoller that he had listened to the soundtrack already and he considered it awesome. I guess it's just demo versions of songs at the moment, but I don't think it's been mentioned anywhere who wrote it all.

Redsonga

Reaction score
I think it would be interesting if it was a bit like Cats Don't Dance and they were fighting to get animals and muppets and things back into Hollywood again..Or maybe a new gang of muppets are trying to steal their stardom by being edgy and they win with old fashion laughs and many youtube videos*lol*...I know, too cheesy... still :stick_out_tongue:

RedPiggy

Reaction score
And Pepe would definitely be in the middle of it (and maybe Rizzo), trying to decide which team to play for. It'd be cool to see EM vs Solid Foam as well. :big_grin:

Redsonga

Reaction score
And Pepe would definitely be in the middle of it (and maybe Rizzo), trying to decide which team to play for. It'd be cool to see EM vs Solid Foam as well. :big_grin:
I just think making it a bit more personal 'we have to save our style of show' vs. 'we have to save this place' might have a more lasting message :smile:.

RedPiggy

Reaction score
Exactly. It's not the place. It's the hearts that use the place. Sure, Broadway/Vaudeville isn't exactly "cool" ... but recent plays show you can have an awesome run as long as you're well-written. If they did go for "Muppety" vs "Edgy", you could also allude to some issues with JHH. It'd be even cooler to HAVE JHH characters there.

Even if the plot remains "save the place", the fact is the Muppets will still have to justify their position, which would bring in a justification of their style, which would also help remind old and new audiences alike WHY the Muppets were a success in the first place.

Evil Villain: Pssht. What would you know about running a successful business?

Kermit: Uh ... we had a failing theater over in NY and now we're awesome again.

Evil Villain: The only way that little nothing of a theater could be profitable is divine assistance.

Kermit (looks sheepishly): Uh ... well ... as a matter of fact ....

Drtooth

Reaction score
Said it before, but I just want to see Scooter, Rowlf, and the Electric Mayhem in substantial roles. Anyone else is just gravy. I wonder if Disney even owns the JHH characters to any extent... I'm sure they do... but I'm sure that the writers would rather just have the old gang and a couple new guys with cameos.

Though seeing Digit on the big screen would be something.

GuySmileyfan

Reaction score
A thought on songs...

I think I would like to see Paul Williams and Alan Menken team up for the music. I think that would be incredible! I mean, sure they've never worked together before, but ya know, the first time it happens...

Of course, if Paul Williams and Kenny Ascher worked together again, that would be very cool too. Paul on his own is great, but when he worked with Kenny Ascher for the Muppet Movie, the songs were all phenomenal!

I still can't help but wonder what a Williams/Menken score would sound like. :big_grin:
Oooh! I would love to see Alan Menken working with Paul Williams.:smile: