Where is Steve Whitmire Petition

Status
Not open for further replies.

JimmyDeanDog

Reaction score
Follow-up re Disney Call

"...It may just be a question the person didn't know how to answer..

Nope - this person at Disney was very 'adamant' and KNEW
what to say - despite our efforts to ask this almost 3 times...

When we asked, all we got was "you'll have to leave a message"
and THEN we asked again, got the same broken record response...

..MEANING - that they know, but won't say simply - to anyone -
- granted I'm certainly not FRANK OZ or BRIAN HENSON, right?

..but fret none....there are OTHER ways to find out
that we're working on - stand by!
:smile:

Kynan Barker

Reaction score
Jimmy Dean, what you're saying is, you asked the same question three times, and three times you were told "You'll have to leave a message." And then you got hung up on?

That's not Disney "hiding something," that's you harassing a receptionist who obviously can't comment.

Contacting the Disney offices to let them know how we feel is perfectly fine. Badgering phone operators to the point where they feel forced to hang up is just rude.

It's great that you feel so passionate about this, it really is. But please remember guys, it's so important to be polite!

TheMonsterAteMe

Reaction score
No, I disagree.

We need to call, pass out flyers on the street, rent a byplane and fly over the country trying to find Steve, ANYTHING

Rendal

Reaction score
I was just thinking this morning. There is some precedent for Steve being unavailable for his characters at times. John Tartagula(sp) performed Ernie for the 2nd Season of Play with Me Sesame. I've seen a clip of his performance, it's definitley different. Steve has since done Ernie appearances. So this may be something like that.

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I honestly don't see a conspiracy here. Occam's Razor, the simpliest explanation is more likely to be true. :wink:

CBPuppets

Reaction score
I was just thinking this morning. There is some precedent for Steve being unavailable for his characters at times. John Tartagula(sp) performed Ernie for the 2nd Season of Play with Me Sesame. I've seen a clip of his performance, it's definitley different. Steve has since done Ernie appearances. So this may be something like that.
Yeah! I Think John would have been a Great Kermit. Hearing him as Nicky on Avenue Q Kinda reminds me of him.

Kynan Barker

Reaction score
I was just thinking this morning. There is some precedent for Steve being unavailable for his characters at times. John [Tartaglia] performed Ernie for the 2nd Season of Play with Me Sesame.
Rendal, that precedent only shows that people will notice (and complain) when a character is suddenly recast with a very different performer.

Sesame Workshop has since acknowledged that Steve is the one true Ernie. One of the producers, Carol-Lynn Parente, even told a journalist, "One performer, one Muppet," which is very close to the old Save the Muppets slogan "One Muppet, One Voice."

Yeah! I Think John would have been a Great Kermit. Hearing him as Nicky on Avenue Q Kinda reminds me of him.
Kuriboh Man, John Tartaglia played Princeton and Rod in Avenue Q. You're probably thinking of Rick Lyon as Nicky. I'm pretty sure neither John nor Rick are still working with Sesame Street or the Muppets.

muppetinsider

Reaction score
Q. You're probably thinking of Rick Lyon as Nicky. I'm pretty sure neither John nor Rick are still working with Sesame Street or the Muppets.
That's correct, Rick Lyon was blacklisted from ever performing on Sesame Street again due to violating another Muppet performer's private notes for a TV show pilot the particular performer was working on at the time. Very strange and scary indeed, but true.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.