Palisades Holiday Kermit Lottery

WiGgY

Reaction score
I think making the Holiday Kermit available as a real prize would be better. I mean, did they sell the holiday Kermit? No, it was a gift. If they happen to have 100 extra, either give those to other retailers and people like that, or have a real lottery. I mean, winnung isn;t really winning. Congradulations! Now you get to pay us! :confused:

It's a nice sentiment though. I'd rather Palisades not do it, however. I would like to see the Dr. Teeth variant sold on the site. But Ken said that would make the people who spent 85 bucks on ebay angry. I for one don't care if a few people, who decided they wanted the figure so bad they would pay 85 dollars, get mad. No one forced them to pay 85 dollars on ebay. Palisades would get a much larger postive response than a negative one if they release the Dr. Teeth variant even if it was just exculisve to their site.

ResidentLilly

Reaction score
In this case, unlike Invisible Beaker, we can't afford to give them out. We figured we'd sell them at non-inftated prices and not put them into our eBay auctions. SO, the lottery is in an effort to be fair, and the "winning" is in reference to winning the ability to get it IF you want it. But you don't have to of course.

I don't know...seemed equitable to me at the time.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Well if you can't afford to give them out then that's ok. And it's true that if you want one you have the option to get one instead of paying some jerk on ebay that is selling his or her gift.

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Yes i would have rather they not did this unless they were planing enough for the CC to beging with. I'll try out for this but the odds don't seem so great, 500 clear beakers were given away before right?

I mean these were all created for gift's,is the money making up for afew of the non selling Miss Piggy's figures and Lab sets?

Some people in the CC may already have one they won off e-bay, then they may win/buy this one letting them have two of them, but you really can't do anything about that. It was the person choice and how much money they were willing to give up for it.

smcguire

Reaction score
The lottery to buy seems pretty fair to me. After all, the only way they were available before was to pay someone on eBay. Here at least your money will be going directly to Palisades.

Palisades was upfront about it being a lottery for a chance to buy... if you don't like them charging for it, you don't have to enter the lottery.

I think it's pretty decent of them to make this offer. Thanks Palisades!

--Scott McGuire

Zack the Dog

Reaction score
Oh i think everthings fair with it 100% in the predicamen it's in, it's just too bad this couldn't have been set up before hand if this was going to be the case, beside's it's just a kermit tux repaint, if you win you win, if you don't your not missing too much.

Luke

Reaction score
I think it's completely fair and yes, they havent used the words 'win a kermit' or anything. Personally i don't like it that they contradicted themselves by first saying this wasn't part of the line and then releasing it to the public, but then it is good that the actual product is getting out there and for a decent price.

Stryder Wolfe

Reaction score
I dont' really see the problem here? Hypocritical is a strong word...

oh well...I'm happy to have a chance to get it cheaply, and if I don't get that chance, then I'll live without..it's no bigee...

MikeHornPalisad

Reaction score
This is part of the logic and I know it's not apples to apples.

I'm an Eagles season ticket holder (hey, no Tampa comments!). As such, I am entered into a lottery to win the chance to buy Super Bowl tickets. In that case, there are a finite number of tickets for a significantly larger number of fans.

The parallel to our club and this item is not much different. I'll stretch the analogy further to say that the NFL gives out a huge number of tickets for free first. Then there are some tickets that are made available to us season ticket holders (club members...).

Make sense?

MH

beaker

Reaction score
Well, theres several issues.

1) Obviously its doubtful most the people selling the Muppet con/variant/excl on ebay are even fans of the Muppets...heck Im not even sure if the idiots paying $100+ for said figures are even fans...or just wanting it for collectors sake.

2) The Holiday Kermit is hardlya variant. Buy the leftover Tux Kermit at TRU and paint the tie or whatever constitued it as a 'vairant'.

3) There is collectors out there who actually get so cryptic and OCD on collecting...they have to have the stapled and hole punched invisable beaker, blah blah blah.

It was cool of Palsiades to give away the two Beakers to club members, a good way to mess with those idiot scalpers trying to rip folks off on ebay..and a kind of ha ha ha to suckers who actually paid high prices for em.

...people are so gullible.