Will there be a CD collection for Sesame's 40th anniversary?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
I mean they did went all out for the 35th anniversary with that big musical tributation of many of Sesame Street songs.

And with the 40th anniversary having a 2 disc DvD, along with speical edition books and toys, you have to wonder if they have any plans for a cd celebrating 40th years of the show ?:frown:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Currently nothing has been announced, but that would be a good idea. Maybe make it a two-disc set. Call disc 1 "The Essential Sesame Street", featuring all the best songs that have been released in audio format, and then disc 2 "Unreleased Songs", featuring songs from the show that haven't been released on any albums (like Imagine That, I Love My Elbows, and practically any song from the last ten years).

GelflingWaldo

Reaction score
Yes!

KOCH Records and Sesame Workshop will release the Sesame Street: Old School - Volume 1 music collection, a collectible reissuing of 3 early Sesame Street albums (for the first time ever on CD!), on November 10, 2009.
So on November 10th you'll get the 40th anniversary book ("A Celebration of 40 Years of Life on the Street"), the 40th anniversary DVD set ("40 Years of Sunny Days"), the debut of the new season on PBS, and the old school CD set ("Old School, Vol. 1"). This makes November 10th (which is exactly 40 years, to the day, since Sesame Street premiered) a very exciting day for Sesame fans of all ages.

Drtooth

Reaction score
All I can say is FINALLY! Man, I have been patiently, going on impatiently waiting for something like this from Koch for some time now. And they seem to have finally given us pure gold. Just like the FR CD collection....

BIGMuppetFan

Reaction score
Again this is going to be cool! I am so happy that they are bringing out all these cool products for the 40th! I will be on the look out for this collection as well :big_grin:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This is good news. Though I think I'll wait to get it (there's gonna be a lot of 40th anniversary merchandise on the same day, christmas is coming, and I've had a lot of recent expenses... I'll probably just get the DVD on release day).

I have a feeling that volume 2 might have a pattern. I sense it'll have Sesame Street 2, another of the 1970s character albums, and one of the original track albums (like Numbers or Everybody's Record).

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I just started to wonder... Will this set actualy count as a 40th anniversary set (even if the anniversary logo is on the package)? It appears to be the start of a music collection, focusing on just the early years (shouldn't an anniversary collection try to represent all eras?).

And I realised, due to the set compilng three different albums, the set has one track included twice, ABC-DEF-GHI. But at least that's just one.

I wonder if any of these Old School music colections will include any of the solo cast member albums. There were a few of those in the 1970s, spotlighting one human cast member.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Well I'll be there seems like a lot of things coming out on the 10th of Novemember including this one. :insatiable:

I must say it's going to be one big day on the 10th. :stick_out_tongue:

dwmckim

Reaction score
I just started to wonder... Will this set actualy count as a 40th anniversary set (even if the anniversary logo is on the package)? It appears to be the start of a music collection, focusing on just the early years (shouldn't an anniversary collection try to represent all eras?).
Well since this is Volume 1, i would imagine the plan is to release a lot of the old albums from the early years while at the same time making all new albums and re-releasing albums that were from Sesame's previous record labels (as they've been doing beforehand). The 40th anniversary celebration gives them a "reason" to dig back into the vaults and put out the classic long forgotten and/or inaccessible stuff.

And wow! I can't believe that Bert and Ernie's Sing-Along is actually getting a cd release - i NEVER thought that would happen! My review of this album was one of my very first posts on Muppet Freak where i declared it the Coolest Sesame Street Album of All Time.

http://muppetfreak.blogstream.com/v1/pid/381426.html

erniebert1234ss

Reaction score
Hey GelflingWaldo, any chance you can tell us when it's up for preorder on Amazon?

BJ

Status
Not open for further replies.