MuppetFest At Disneyland in 2010? Lets Hope So

beaker

Reaction score
After seeing some of the new Muppet commercials Disney is heavily promoting on their sites for the new promotion(volunteer a day/get a free day) it strikes me as quite clear that Disney will be heavily using the Muppets for Disneyland/WDW parks and inhouse promotion in general.

And I say...why not a big Muppety gathering sometime next summer? Have a whole theme day. Youd have just a huge Muppet weekend celebration, with all the main and supporting Muppets and as many Muppeteers as possible. We've seen them put on cool "Star Wars Weekends", which acted as the main SW fan community gathering before Lucasfilm started hosting an actual big SW con.

Perhaps for the east coast people, there could also be one at WDW.

It just seems readily apparent that Disney plans to up the presence of the Muppets at Disneyland and California Adventure, and plans all year long in tying them into a lot of promotion...not to mention it will be the 55 year Muppet anniversary!
With a movie on the way and all sorts of stuff, seems like it'd be the perfect time for Disney to put on something for the fans...and, an excuse for all of us to fly out. Probably the closest we'd get to another Muppetfest, or at least something equally cool and dynamic. Just look at the new pix of the Muppet gang on that car going through Disneyland.

dwmckim

Reaction score
You know, i'm not usually all that big on "fan-organized" conventions/gatherings as opposed to ones put on by pros - but even if there is no official gathering, perhaps a Muppet Fans Take Over Disneyland (and WDW) day might not be bad idea in 2010. A chosen day where Muppet fans (all wearing Muppet shirts so we can recognize each other) just happen to go to Disneyland (and a seperate one for WDW) at the same time and enjoy meeting each other and checking out the parks. Something to think about...

RockSTAR girl

Reaction score
We should! You know that if Disney saw how many people showed up for an UNofficial Muppet event they would totally consider doing an Official one. Let's get it organized! I'm there!

beaker

Reaction score
You know, i'm not usually all that big on "fan-organized" conventions/gatherings as opposed to ones put on by pros - but even if there is no official gathering, perhaps a Muppet Fans Take Over Disneyland (and WDW) day might not be bad idea in 2010. A chosen day where Muppet fans (all wearing Muppet shirts so we can recognize each other) just happen to go to Disneyland (and a seperate one for WDW) at the same time and enjoy meeting each other and checking out the parks. Something to think about...
hehe, I like that! They have a goth one called "Bats day", where thousands of goths worldwide descend upon Disneyland.

Plus, the work a day/get a day thing could get a lot of us there.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
I'm so in!...If my dad will be willing to take me to California. *puppy dog pout*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
After seeing some of the new Muppet commercials Disney is heavily promoting on their sites for the new promotion(volunteer a day/get a free day) it strikes me as quite clear that Disney will be heavily using the Muppets for Disneyland/WDW parks and inhouse promotion in general.

And I say...why not a big Muppety gathering sometime next summer? Have a whole theme day. Youd have just a huge Muppet weekend celebration, with all the main and supporting Muppets and as many Muppeteers as possible. We've seen them put on cool "Star Wars Weekends", which acted as the main SW fan community gathering before Lucasfilm started hosting an actual big SW con.

Perhaps for the east coast people, there could also be one at WDW.

It just seems readily apparent that Disney plans to up the presence of the Muppets at Disneyland and California Adventure, and plans all year long in tying them into a lot of promotion...not to mention it will be the 55 year Muppet anniversary!
With a movie on the way and all sorts of stuff, seems like it'd be the perfect time for Disney to put on something for the fans...and, an excuse for all of us to fly out. Probably the closest we'd get to another Muppetfest, or at least something equally cool and dynamic. Just look at the new pix of the Muppet gang on that car going through Disneyland.
Because Disney's not going to use the Muppets unless they benefit them (ala using the Muppets for their Disney Parks commercials) - a MuppetFest isn't going to benefit them, it's going to benefit us, so that's not very likely to happen.

I wouldn't mind attending a MuppetFest though, I didn't go to the first one several years ago (I wasn't even aware if you can believe that).

theprawncracker

Reaction score
Because Disney's not going to use the Muppets unless they benefit them (ala using the Muppets for their Disney Parks commercials) - a MuppetFest isn't going to benefit them, it's going to benefit us, so that's not very likely to happen.
That's not true at all, Snowthy. There is NO cause for pessimism right now--the Muppets are in a great place within Disney and comments like these just detract from that.

Why does Disney using the Muppets for their commercials mean that they're only using them for their benefit? Disney could've used any number of other characters; aren't Zac Efron and the High School Musical chumps more popular? But they didn't. They used the Muppets for the entire promotion so that they could get them back into the public eye and show that they really are a part of the Disney family.

Disney is finally using the Muppets in ways they should be used--and if a Muppet project benefits Disney you can better believe it benefits the Muppets as well.

muppetfan1999

Reaction score
If they do this, I will need to beg my parents to take me to disney world/ Disneyland.