My large Oscar puppet

pinocchio

Reaction score
While I was on holiday in Poland last week imagine my glee when I happened upon a reasonably sized Oscar the Grouch puppet!

I’ve never seen him on any internet site or auction so had to have him!

He measures 60cm from base of fabric bin to top of head, but as soon as I got home I set to work modifying him into my own Sesame Street poser.

I built wire hinged skeleton for his hands and head so he is poseable a sourced a real garbage bin for him to live in. he now measures over 80cm tall.

I hope you enjoy the pictures and would love to hear from anyone who can tell me more about the puppet! Is it a new line? Or something that has been around for some time.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43657576@N05/

P

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Wow, that's a great find. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.

doctort13

Reaction score
Cool photos! Were there many of these toys at the shop where you bought it?

pinocchio

Reaction score
The store also had same scale. Bert, Ernie, Elmo and Cookie.

Bert and Ernie looked a little off but bearing in mind they are toys and not high end collectables kids would love them.

Elmo was good, but as one of my favourite puppets of all time he'd have to be PERFECT for me to even consider buying, i think i could make one at least as close,

Cookie was nice but no wobbly eyes and as a full body puppet looked to small for me.

The store only had one of each in stock as they were propably the more expensive items in the store guess they don't hold to many in stock.

P