Black Friday'09

Count von Count

Reaction score
If you don't know. Black friday is the Day After Thanksgiving, also know as Blitz Day. It's the day most retail stores offer customers some of the best specials/Hot Deals.
-So my qustion is:
Does any one know of any sales that a store is going to have?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
With how shakey the economy still is at this moment, I doubt irregardless of the sales stores have that most people would take advantage of them this year.

I mean, that's just my thoughts...

PurpleHonker

Reaction score
I'm clueless thus far, Count.
It seems every year there are a few items that are super-popular and sought after that people are racing around trying to find on Black Friday, and waiting for after, because stores either promised they'd have some in stock or that there would be a great deal on them like when it was crazy trying to find a Wii, Cabbage Patch Kids, or Tickle Me Elmo. Truthfully, I must be completely out of the loop this year because I have no idea what the upcoming hot items are. I don't think I've heard of any "latest craze" or "new and exciting" anything. Am I missing something? What are we shopping for this year? :confused:

Count von Count

Reaction score
I must be completely out of the loop this year because I have no idea what the upcoming hot items are. I don't think Am I missing something? What are we shopping for this year?
I don't know anything like that ether.
But what i'm looking for is a good deal on box sets. Last year I got season 1 of the muppet show and season 2 for free.
See I'm not after the "Hottest thing" I just want deals on things that are expensive. movies/box sets/CDs. If you want that stuff A hint is- go to a used movie store. It's Really Cheap. (Really Really Cheap on Black Friday)

Red Fraggle

Reaction score
"HOT DEALS" not gunna be so hot...

i wokr at Best Buy and ive been looking at otehr stores adds there arnt guna be alot of deals on black friday the deals are already out there adn are not guna be much better on black friday.

Hot items im anticipating... Gaming systems are alwyse big, wii ps3 xbox360 the new psp go and nintendo DSI even the ds llight. I know theres gunna be a bundle wit 2 free games for the ps3 at best buy probably some good sales on movies and blu ray but from waht ive seen teh blu rays that will be cheap are not hte ones you would want on blu ray. :smirk: *shrug* i did read that target willl have 4 gb micro ds cards for like 10$ wich is good.

unfortunaley i ahve to work at 3 am so i will not be shopping... actually make that fortunatley if i was off i wouldnt go out anyway! haha im not THAT crazy! did it once and i never want to repeat!

if you wanna know the ads google "black friday deals" or "ads" or sumthing you'll find results.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
A used DVD store that I have been known to buy a lot of DVDs from (cause you know used is much cheaper than buying new) called Entertainmart is having some pretty good deals. I mean check something out there.
Other than that, I don't know. Hopefully, as D'Snowth mention about the economy, these sales might help it out a bit.

Son of Enik

Reaction score
Speaking as a Best Buy associate, I have heard rumors about our deals and our competitors' leaking out online (and have had customers trying to grill me for information) and I won't know until I walk in to work on Friday morning, but I anticipate a very exciting day. Call me a glutton, but I LOVE Black Friday!