Old Sesame Street Magazine

Pursuit

Reaction score
I'm looking for a specific page from an old Sesame Street Magazine, from the late 70's early 80's.

In one of the magazines, there was a full page picture of what the inside of Oscar's trash can looked like. It had him at the top of the can standing on stairs looking into a huge underground layer (think the batcave).

Anyways I am looking for this picture.

If anyone has it I would and could let me know which magazine it is from, I would greatly appreciate it.

sesameguy

Reaction score
Hi Pursuit- I don't recall that magazine, but there was a drawing of the inside of Oscar's can that appeared in the "Sesame Street book and record" set, as well as a 45rpm single release of "I love trash". That drawing also assumed that Oscar's can had a ladder going down into a "cave" underground where all his stuff was kept. I'd enjoy seeing that magazine picture as well. If anyone has it, please let us know.

Pursuit

Reaction score
I'm not sure I had any Records, all my Sesame Street Music was on 8-Track. So I am pretty sure it was in a magazine. I only wish I knew who published it, so I could contact them.

Mokeystar

Reaction score
The illustration in question was done by none other than Caroll Spinney. It showed a detailed outline of Oscar's can from the inside, including his bowling alley and hippo, Rosie, as well as a bit of the blue sky from above. I remember an old phonograph and even a bathtub in the mix, as well as some wooden stairs. I had the illustration as a child, but am not sure if it's still part of my collection. I am looking high and low, but I'm not having much luck at the moment. One thing I can tell you is that it was from a Sesame Street Magazine from 1977-1979 and the publisher at the time was Nina B. Link. That's all I really can offer at the moment.
If I find it, I'll let you know. :smile:

Pursuit

Reaction score
OMG! You are the first person in almost 10 years who has given me a bit of lead. Thanks so much, I will use this knowledge and hopefully find it. Thanks again.