Sesame Street Day in NYC

mbmfrog

Reaction score
Does anyone find it weird that everyone, but:batty:, showed up for the renaming ?

Reaction score
Full video of the event now online for download

My TV coverage of the Sesame Street Day media event here in New York this past Monday for the Rapid T. Rabbit Show is now online and available for download...

http://www.foxcoon.com/rapidtrabbit/rtr-mpeg4/rtr625.MP4

Both Oscar and Big Bird gave me a sound bite (thanks Caroll!) but I was also surprised that Grover said hello to me with my real name.

By the way Frog, Telly wasn't there either.

Reaction score
Does anybody know how long Columbus Ave. will stay Sesame Street?:stick_out_tongue:
It wasn't Columbus Avenue that was "ceramoniously renamed" but the one-block stretch of West 64 Street between Central Park West and Broadway, because it's right outside Sesame Workshop's window at One Lincoln Plaza, making it convenient for all the staff to come right out for the party. That being said, the event was actually staged across the street adjacent to Lincoln Center on the triangle known as Dante Park. And unlike an actual permanent street renaming which takes place on real lampost, the City set up a portable street sign pole for the occaision.

The street reverted back to West 64 Street the following day. Oscar even joked about it on camera to me personally.