Munchin Impossible Trailer and pilot leaked

Drtooth

Reaction score
On Sesame Workshop's website

So far, looks good...plus, it has that nice Global Grover type feel to it. For the first full episode, you have to watch the thing marked "Trailer."

A couple things of note:

I KNEW the whole moving Cookie Monster away from cookies was part of some secret conspiracy! :insatiable:

They still manage to make him eat cookies in the segment

Cookie uses an iPhone with a picture of a cookie with a bite out of it on the back.

Wow... They have that Japanese candy mascot in Kosovo? It was on that person's jacket (the girl with her tongue sticking out? Trust me, I've been to enough Asian groceries to know what that is)

I wouldn't mind seeing this in season 41... just not every day.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I saw a bit of this in a PBS commercial just today. I saw Cookie Monster there and knew off the bat they were parodying Mission: Impossible. Nice!:insatiable:

Drtooth

Reaction score
Is this an actual show, or a web series?
It's clearly one of those international shows that may get absorbed into the US original series the same way Ernie and Bert's Great Adventures did.

So far, I'm liking it, and I'm liking the hidden snarkiness in the overall execution of this segment... clearly trying to satirize the fact they had to emphasize that Cookie eats more than Cookies.

dwmckim

Reaction score
I saw a bit of this in a PBS commercial just today. I saw Cookie Monster there and knew off the bat they were parodying Mission: Impossible. Nice!:insatiable:
As Drteeth says, this is their latest project that could be either a standalone international show and/or a new segment for US Sesame (hey, they're rolling out 26 five minute episodes - so i think it's safe to say we'll see these in each season 41 episode!) There's a brief mention of it in Gikow's book. The series focused on international foods - though lest anyone feel this is a retread of the Veggie Monster myth, Cookie still retains his love of cookies...to the Gingerbread Man's chagrin!

By the way, that PBS spot you saw is actually something unrelated! That was one of the Ready to Learn promos they recorded a few years back - it just so happens that they also did a Cookie/Mission Impossible theme! Hey, when you discover a winning formula...

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Okay- that's interesting. Well, I'll definitely check this other thing out too then.:smile:

goshposh

Reaction score
I like that its actual puppets and not animated.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
Now that I've had a chance to check it out, it looks really cool. It will be nice for Cookie Monster to have his own segment on Season 41 perhaps- as this will at least ensure that we can see him regularly on Sesame Street.:insatiable:

ISNorden

Reaction score
As long as "the Man" doesn't manage to wean Mr. Fuzzy and Blue off cookies altogether, and as long as Cookie isn't shown only in nutrition-related sketches...I say GO FOR IT! It's good to see a classic Muppet in new, non-claymation material again.

Drtooth

Reaction score
The claymation stuff doesn't bug me (I've always had a real soft spot for it, especially since I attempted it with disastrous results, having to do a student project Arnold shorts/Penny of Pee Wee Herman style) it's those lame Hello Kitty-ized bits from Sesame Street English I don't care for.

But again, this has not been yet confiremed for Season 41. It may very well be added (like Ernie and Bert's Great Adventure) or it might just be an international only show.