PuppetProject pattens any good?

Touchskies

Reaction score
Touchskies I like your work, the sock pattern is pretty cheap and you can get it sent to your email. Your Drawing/illustrations are great would work great to turn into puppets.

Project puppets

Thank you, I think I'll start with a mouse, something I can syntetize in a simple sock pattern.

wes

Reaction score
Thank you, I think I'll start with a mouse, something I can syntetize in a simple sock pattern.
make sure you post some pic's when your done, we love that stuff here!

Touchskies

Reaction score
now I've got the entire simple series and relative adds on from project puppet.
I think the patterns will be a good help to make great characters.
thank you all for your professional suggestion.

alfers1985

Reaction score
Agreed the project puppet patterns are a good starting place for anyone.

TabbyKat

Reaction score
Well, I just don't want to fork over the cash really, is there anyway/how these are available in some remote corner of the world wide web?

spcglider

Reaction score
Touchskies,

One quick note: I don't know if they've changed them, but after you've cut out your Project Puppet pattern pieces, be sure to label them by name! I got myself a three-ring binder with clear plastic pocket sleeves to keep the patterns in. I wrote right on the sleeve which pattern goes in there. But the original patterns didn't have the pattern name on them, so it was easy to get parts confused between patterns ( I have a bunch of their patterns).

So I had to write the puppet pattern name on every piece. Like I said, I don't know if they've changed that on the latest versions of the patterns.

-Gordon

alfers1985

Reaction score
Touchskies,

One quick note: I don't know if they've changed them, but after you've cut out your Project Puppet pattern pieces, be sure to label them by name! I got myself a three-ring binder with clear plastic pocket sleeves to keep the patterns in. I wrote right on the sleeve which pattern goes in there. But the original patterns didn't have the pattern name on them, so it was easy to get parts confused between patterns ( I have a bunch of their patterns).

So I had to write the puppet pattern name on every piece. Like I said, I don't know if they've changed that on the latest versions of the patterns.

-Gordon
I think they have changed it. My patterns from project puppet are all labeled.

spcglider

Reaction score
TabbyKat,

If you aren't willing to pay for the Project Puppet patterns (and they are well worth the investment) you can ask as many questions as you like here on the board and there will be someone with a useful answer for you.

But simply looking for an end-around to get them for free won't make you any friends here. Project Puppet is well respected and liked around these parts. You're basically asking if we can tell you how to steal from our friend.

That having bee said, there's nothing wrong with wanting to keep it cheap... especially if you're just starting out building puppets. And you can get lots of good advice about that here too.

My first suggestion is to dive in to Google. There may be some good patterns out there that have been posted for free. Personally I've never found any that were as complete and loaded with technical help and instruction as the Project Puppet stuff.

-Gordon