Question for anyone who bought the new Farscape DVDs

dwmckim

Reaction score
I'm not in a financial place where i can pick up the complete series set. So i can either pick up the individual seasons one at a time as i'm able or wait what might be how long til i can find a decent priced secondhand copy (I did find the fourth season available for under $20 at Walmart - over half as much as i've seen it elsewhere - but they only had season 4).

What i'm wondering though is how many (if any) of the bonus features on these discs are brand new - never having been released on any of the previous DVD releases - the original ADV or Starburst Editions? If there's nothing new at all, i may not bother. So if for example Season 2 is all repeat bonus i know i can save money not buying it, but if Season 1 even had so much as a 20 second deleted scene not previously released, i'd look at that.

Also - it looks like unlike the four season boxes which are available seperately outside of the big complete series box, the fifth box with bonus features can only be found in the Complete Boxset. This one i definately want to know if it has anything new on it or not so i know if i should hold out to try to find a cheap set sometime or if it's okay to just forego Big Box and get the Season Sets.

I'm really fuming at the fact that they threw in that fifth disc that can only be obtained if someone gets the Big (EXPENSIVE!) Full Series. That's IMO even worse that that mess Hit pulled with Fraggle Rock because at least there was always the possibility that the S4 discs might eventually come out on their own (as they did).

aVeryBriefCameo

Reaction score
I got it for 80 on amazon. You could just save up, if you were going to buy the seasons individually, it would work out in your favor.

The Narrator

Reaction score
Right now the Farscape DVD set is on sale at amazon.com for $60. If it were on Blu-Ray, I'd get it, but for the extra features it doesn't seem worth re-purchasing the series.

Form The Spin Sheet, the A&E-released DVD series does have some new special feature as well as all the old, but lose a bit in color sharpness from the ADV Starburst editions.

Hope that helps!

dwmckim

Reaction score
That article helps tremendously as that's just what i was looking for - someone to do a comparison of what's on the new set compared to what's been previously released with specific examples so i know what parts of the set (if any) are worth picking up.

The review is wrong though; the one thing they cite as not having been available on dvd before is indeed NOT new - "Farscape Undressed". Maybe it got left out of the Starburst editions but it was on the UK sets (which i got because they came out way before the original US ones did) and if i'm not mistaken it was also on the original ADV release too. At any rate, i already got this on dvd so now i know i don't need to spend money i don't have on this.

JohnnyReynolds

Reaction score
I got it for 80 on amazon. You could just save up.....However I heard about AmazingWatcher.Com which is a free website that will “watch” items for you on Amazon and let you know when amazon has them in stock at regular retail price. http://www.amazingwatcher.com