Top Muppet DVD's Disney Needs To Release

minor muppetz

Reaction score
* Lose the Jim Henson introduction. This was one of the most special parts of the program, but the Henson Legacy owns Jim's likeness.
I don't think that would be a big problem. Disney released The Muppets on Puppets (as part of TMS Season 3), which was hosted by Jim Henson. And his image appeared in the pitch tape, featured in TMS Season 1.

beaker

Reaction score
The Henson Hour is a very tricky item to bring to market. It will have to be gutted. With the rights that Disney now owns this is what they'd have to do:

* Lose the entire opening titles that include the Henson name, Henson Co owned characters like Emmet Otter.

* Lose the Jim Henson introduction. This was one of the most special parts of the program, but the Henson Legacy owns Jim's likeness.

* Lose the Storyteller half hour, of course. Henson Co owns that.

* Also lose any cut-away remarks back to Jim or reference to the Storyteller segments.

* Lose the behind the scenes episode that contains cross-company owned items too blended together to divide.

* Retain the rights to the stars and music used in each episode.

This all would result in a Swiss cheese version of the program that would seem incongruent and unsatisfying in many portions. I'd still like to see this in any form. Heck, maybe if Disney played ball and restored the Emmet Otter and Christmas Toy edits the Henson Company would reciprocate, but Disney has enough unreleased Muppety goodness without such issues. I wouldn’t count on this.
As much as I dig the intro, I'd be satisfied if it was primarily just the "Muppet Television" segments.

Though, I feel we have a much better chance of getting Muppets Tonight on dvd first.

KatWoman

Reaction score
First of all, definitely John Denver and the Muppets: A Christmas Together and A Muppet Family Christmas, mainly because my ancient copies I taped off the TV were lost in a recent move and I am without them this Christmas. :frown:

And The Frog Prince and Muppets Tonight.

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
The Musicians of Brenmen
Hey Cinderella
The Frog Prince
The Muppets a Christmas Together
The UK versions of Fraggle Rock, sorry folks the lighthouse still rocks the most!
I remember seeing a Miss Piggy special when I was little I would like to see again.
The Tale of the Bunny Picnic

These were things I remember from my childhood, the others I think you have all mentioned.

To be honest, anything with Henson or the Muppets on I would buy, so what are they waiting for.

To be honest, as the Muppets are a legend in their own right, copywrite law should be scrapped over these original recordings.

Well that's my 5 minute opinion.

Leanne
x

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I remember seeing a Miss Piggy special when I was little I would like to see again.
There were two Miss Piggy specials. One was The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show (which heavily features the other Muppets), the other was Miss Piggy's Hollywood (which was originally shown as part of The Jim Henson Hour, and didn't feature many other Muppets besides Piggy, Gonzo, and Fozzie).

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
There were two Miss Piggy specials. One was The Fantastic Miss Piggy Show (which heavily features the other Muppets), the other was Miss Piggy's Hollywood (which was originally shown as part of The Jim Henson Hour, and didn't feature many other Muppets besides Piggy, Gonzo, and Fozzie).
Thank you for that, I think the one I saw was like a variety special the fantastic miss piggy show, it was shown on bbc 1 years ago