Matt is SO Ready to "Rock the Shack"!!!

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
There are very few bands that can say the words "shake your honey buns" and still be jammed out to. So few, in fact, I belive I have narrowed it down to one. One band that has rocked for decades. I am of course talking about the B-52's.

Despite what some might think judging from my typical musical preferances, I LOVE this band, as does my mother and sister. We have spend many hours driving down the highway singing such tunes as "Rock Lobster" and "Is That You Mo-Dean?". Oh, but no it doesn't stop at the hits. We have "Whammy!" and "Wild Planet" as well. So many hours of corny lyrics to make us giggle and sing. :smile:

Now, after all these years, we are finally going to get to see them! That's right kids, exactly 1 week from today (well, yesterday I guess..), Mom, Dad, Sister and Matt, will be in the 9th row, left center, for the B-52'S!!!!

This is the "Rock the Shack Tour", obviously named for their biggest hit "Love Shack." It is one of the 6 dates on the tour. 6 dates, and one is in our neck of the woods, whodathunkit? Well, thunkit pal, 'cause we're goin' to the show!

I know Byron likes the B's...anyone else? If so, I'll give my report of the show. If not....well, I'll just enjoy my show and not give a report. :big_grin:

-Matt

Janice & Mokey's Man

Reaction score
CONGRATS, Matt!!! :big_grin: Sounds like y'all're gonn have a BLAST!

I dunno if their version o' "Love Shack"'ll be the same as I envisioned mine, Jackie, Emmy, Joggy, and the muffins' last summer, but hey, it's bound to ROCK! LOL! :smile:

'Tain't that right, Emmy and Jackie?... :wink:

:stick_out_tongue:

Billy's Girl

Reaction score
Very cool Matt - I will play my B-52s album in honour of your exciting news tonight!!

beaker

Reaction score
Oh I cannot say enough good things about the B-52's! When I think back to what was great and innocent about the 80's, I think of the cool art rock new wave bands like the B-52's, Devo, Talking Heads, Pixies, etc.

Its funny, I actually do an excellent impersonation of Fred Schneider:wink:

Anyways, have fun at the show!

FellowWLover

Reaction score
I saw the B52s in concert years ago. You guys will have a blast!

radionate

Reaction score
I'm jealous Matt, I've yet to see them in concert. Such a great band. Can't wait to hear the report.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
:big_grin: :big_grin: :big_grin:

I'm so glad to see we've got so many fans. My full report shall be issued! :big_grin:

Amy - Ya know, I had a funny feeling they would be popular in NZ and Australia...don't know why, just seems like they would. :smile:

-Matt

Luke

Reaction score
I love the B52's too - be sure to give us your report ! Sounds like great tickets ya got there.

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Oh Hecks yeah! See, its in an ampitheater. In all the ampitheaters in the state (sans a very select and wonderful few), you have general admission which is like 400 feet from the stage and in a grassy feild slanted downward. But then, you have the grand and glorious seated section, which is right in front of the stage! No grass, no blankets, no coolers, no none of that stupid stuff that you might have to deal with while trying to enjoy your concert from the grass. But, you have to have a Gold Master Card to get the seat seats, which we do not. BUUUUT! My good friend James (no, not the frogboy :smile:) does have a Gold Card! And he bought us the tickets, in the 9th row, left center. I think think I'll be able to touch Cindy Williams....which would be a definite dream come true. :big_grin:

-Matt

DramaQueen86

Reaction score
i have fond memories of thier music! i remeber one x-mass when we got a Kariokie machine and my brother and i sang Love Shake in the middle of the living room.

Good times, Good times.