What bonus features would you like on The Muppet Show Season 4?

dwayne1115

Reaction score
It was reported that sesaon 4 of the Muppet show will be coming out in 2010, and I thought we could gear up and talk about some Bouns Feauters that we would like to see on the set. As for me I would love to see some behind the secnse stuff, and some audio comentary. I would also love to see some of the older specals like Hey Cenderalea, and the Frog Prince. I would also love to see some more different Muppets talk through the Menus. maybe Scooter, Rowlf, Robin, or even the band. I almost think that they should thow in some of the Muppets.com videos. What ya'll think?

Muppet Frog

Reaction score
I suggest The Muppets Go Hollywood or Hey Cinderella, a new documentary, commercials for Polaroid and Kokomo music video.

Mr Humbug

Reaction score
Audio commentaries are at the top of my list - and the return of pop-up trivia!

Plus America deserves an official DVD release of Of Muppets and Men.

dwmckim

Reaction score
OM&M should be on season 4 or 5, but really belongs on season 5 since this was the time that the docu was released and a lot of the footage was taken and interviews were conducted during the taping of the final season.

I'd say no to things like Hey Cinderella and Frog Prince. They can very easily be released on their own and i'd tend to say anything that could easily and realistically find it's way to fans without taking away from stuff that really would only make sense as a Muppet Show Set extra shouldn't be considered.

I too think it's a shame that we've gone two seasons without any form of episode commentaries. I don't care if in they're in the form of pop-up facts, audio tracks or a combination but SOMETHING should be there.

THEY NEED TO PUT ALL THE ORIGINAL PROMOS ON THE SETS. I know they have access to them and these were absolute gems that most people haven't seen since the original airings and they wouldn't make sense on any other dvd release. They could have one big reel of them (considering that they dropped the ball on including any for seasons two/three and only gave us a handful on season one).

There was a slew of activity around the season four era due to the success of The Muppet Movie in terms of appearances/interviews - would be great to see a healthy mix of stuff from that era. I NORMALLY wouldn't argue for its inclusion but i would reccomend including Muppets Go Hollywood. It REALLY should be a bonus feature on a Muppet Movie dvd but we've had SOOOO many Muppet Movie videos/dvds (and the last one was still pretty recent) and they to date have missed this boat, so if they could at least put it in with season four, it would be a way to correct that mistake. (Then Muppets Go to the Movies could be included with season 5 - again due to the missed opportunities with including it as a bonus on a GMC dvd where it really belongs...but it would also fit in nice because it was within a year of TMS' end and was the last time they used the original sets.)

I wouldn't object to seeing some of the more recent virmups or stuff from muppets.com on there but again not as a replacement from stuff that REALLY belongs on these (quite honestly these would be better as bonus features on Studio DC which we also know is coming to dvd).

I also want to see them get the original pilot versions of the Juliet Prowse and Connie Stevens episodes on one or both of these last two sets.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Unused, unaired Little Muppet Monsters cartoons. Somehow, someway they have to get them out. I KNOW they must have them somewhere...

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Unused, unaired Little Muppet Monsters cartoons. Somehow, someway they have to get them out. I KNOW they must have them somewhere...
ya maybe that or something with the Muppet Babies.

ploobis

Reaction score
Here are some things I'd like to see as Bonus Features for TMS Season 4 DVD set.

- The Muppets Go To The Movies

- Rare Muppet Commercials from the 60's

- Rare Muppet Show Promos

- Interviews from Puppeteers, Writers and other Henson Company people

I feel like "Of Muppets & Men: The Making Of The Muppet Show" should be on the Season 5 DVD. :smile:

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I'm really hopeing for some more behind the scences stuff, and the cmentarys are almost a must. I'm going to post this on Muppet Studios facebook page and see what kind of response we get there as well.

Drtooth

Reaction score
ya maybe that or something with the Muppet Babies.
No... just those cartoons... maybe one of each or one or two... but a LOT of these cartoons were made well in advance before the show was canceled, and before they had the chance to shoot the live action bridges.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
I can see what you mean, but I still think they should ether put a Muppet Babie cartoon, or even a show of Muppets tonight to kind of test the waters and see how people will respond to them on DVD.