Project Puppet Sale! Opinions wanted...

larz

Reaction score
I love Project Puppet patterns - I have the Glorified Sock Puppet and the Roly... Now I am thinking of stepping up to the Forma series. Considering the Trio set with all the goodies, since the sale is so darn good! Just wondering - how many have used the Forma plans and which one do you like the best?

Also, Bezalel! You need to shout out on here about your sales! I tend to check the forum here daily, but Project puppet only on occasion. Almost missed this one!

FYI - sale ends Dec. 18th! Make a puppeteer happy for the holidays...

spcglider

Reaction score
I have the entire Forma series (still waiting on a fleece covering pattern to be available for the Ovale! HINT HINT!).

The only trepidation I had about the patterns is the air-space in side the head. I still haven't figured out my favorite way of snugging up the hand-fit inside.

I don't like stuffing the head on puppets just for the weight factor. So I prefer a smaller hand harness affair... but I just haven't devoted the time to work one out to fit in these particular patterns.

However, overall, I highly recommend any of the patterns from Project Puppet. They're a great launch pad to take you in MANY directions. They provide just enough information to get you some very professional looking results if you "build it straight out of the box" or if you decide to go in your own direction. Plus, they're easy to get right down into and modify if you want to change shapes of things. Modular... you know?

-Gordon

MGov

Reaction score
Get the Forma series. It adds a great deal of variety to your puppet collection and the Forma's will up the professional look of your puppets a big notch.

And yeah, I wouldn't mind seeing a fleece covering pattern for the Ovale either. And maybe something about mouthplates and handgrips. I'm happy with what I've worked out for myself, but my way tends to be a very work intensive way of doing it and I keep thinking there must be a simpler way.

larz

Reaction score
My lovely wife gave me the Forma Trio Patterns, the Borsa Pattern AND 2 yards of antron fleece for Christmas and anniversary - wow!

Looking forward to getting some puppets made. I'll share here...

spcglider

Reaction score
then I suggest you get to work and show us all the magic you create! :excited:

-Gordon