Favorite Movies No one Knows

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
That's what it was titled on the network. I'm going to say they changed the movie for DVD. It was NOT called "A Summer Story" the two times I watched it. But yes, it was the second one.
Okay- gotcha. lol:big_grin:

DrmaticEmphasis

Reaction score
10th Kingdom is one of my absolute FAVORITE movies... but it was actually a multipart miniseries, and is 10 hours long... Sooo.... its kinda hard to get people to watch it with me.

Baby Gonzo

Reaction score
10th Kingdom is one of my absolute FAVORITE movies... but it was actually a multipart miniseries, and is 10 hours long... Sooo.... its kinda hard to get people to watch it with me.
I remember that one! I have it on DVD.

BurnoTrashman

Reaction score
I know a movie which no one seem's to forgot but it is about a frog like creature and he is almost the size of godzilla. The movie also had a baby creature of the same. What is the name of this movie? This movie liked came on ALL the time.

SillyRed

Reaction score
Does anyone remember Santa and the 3 bears? I bet a lot of people don't know that one.

Gelfling Girl

Reaction score
Is anyone here familiar with the movie Under Wraps? It was a movie about 3 kids who befriend a mummy. It was one of the first Disney Channel original movies and they used to play it around Halloween, but they didn't show it this year. :sympathy:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is anyone here familiar with the movie Under Wraps? It was a movie about 3 kids who befriend a mummy. It was one of the first Disney Channel original movies and they used to play it around Halloween, but they didn't show it this year. :sympathy:
Does sound vaguely familiar, I must say.

Jivepuppet

Reaction score
Wow... I'm a movie buff, so almost all the movies mentioned here I HAVE seen! Hahaha...
So here's a couple of my little known faves:

The Forbidden Zone - Film composed Danny Elfman's rock band (Oingo Boingo) and Tattoo from Fantasy Island star in the most bizarre musical ever. Not for kids at all, R rated
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forbidden_Zone

Now You Know - "Randal" from Clerks wrote and directed this little film about a couple who call off their marriage, then try to figure out life from there. R, but really could/should have been PG-13
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Now_You_Know_(film)

Under The Cherry Moon - Prince is a weird guy, there is no doubting that... After Purple Rain he could have become a movie star... But he made this movie instead and it killed that. But it's really quirky and funny... PG-13
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Under_the_Cherry_Moon

Gonzo's Hobbit

Reaction score
Off topic, but on the subject of Don Bluth, did anyone else besides me liken The Tale of Despereaux to his work? I mean in the CGI world, it certainly was nowhere near as bright and cheery as something from say Pixar or even DreamWorks.
I never really thought of that but I can vauvly see a little resmblence with the rats and NIHM.

Is anyone here familiar with the movie Under Wraps? It was a movie about 3 kids who befriend a mummy. It was one of the first Disney Channel original movies and they used to play it around Halloween, but they didn't show it this year.
I saw bits and pieces every now and then, enough to get the general idea of the film. I miss the old original movies like it though. I always liked the movie "The Luck of The Irish." The movies weren't exactly Oscar material but they were still pretty fun to watch. There haven't been anymore good originals lately.

Has anybody seen the movie "The Seventh Seal." I first saw it in a film class and I didn't think I'd like it. But after seeing the whole thing I must admit that it was rather intriguing. It's a Swedish movie done way back when about a knight in Post plague England, trying to win a game of chess against death and trying to understand it in the proccess.

Yorick

Reaction score
Always wanted to see Rock-A-Doodle, D'Snowth. Thanks for the good word on it!

I'd like to mention "Twice Upon A Time" - story goes that it will probably never make it to DVD because the two creators are so estranged that a fan who made a post on a message board of one's site asking about a DVD release was accused of being a lawyer for the other - and even Bruce Hornsby, when asked on a board if he'd play his opening song in the film, (though it's not on any album) at a gig in the future, simply replied, "Not likely."

It's all a shame, really. But for now, it's on youtube, and I hope it shall remain so.