Muppets: DC Almost Live comes to DVD in the UK

Kermieuk

Reaction score
Good find Leanne.

It looks like it will contain both 30min eps that the Muppets featured on?

Its released in March, I wonder what bonus material will be on it? Maybe the you tube virals? BoRap?

This is what the bbfc has listed:

00:02:35:09 STUDIO DC ALMOST LIVE - DEMI LOVATO - "THIS IS ME" - BACKSTAGE PASS (BEHIND THE SCENES FEATURETTE)
00:08:14:22 STUDIO DC ALMOST LIVE - ALL ACCESS (BEHIND THE SCENES FEATURETTE)
00:02:18:10 STUDIO DC ALMOST LIVE - THE JONAS BROTHERS - "THAT'S JUST THE WAY WE ROLL" - BACKSTAGE PASS (BEHIND THE SCENES FEATURETTE)
00:03:24:04 PEPE'S TRAVELS:THE UNOFFICIAL STUDIO DC ALMOST LIVE TOUR (BEHIND THE SCENES FEATURETTE)

Chris

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I haven't seen this officially announced anywhere, so this may just be a rumor, but I have seen on UltimateDisney's site (and they tend to be on target with all things Disney) that there is a June 2010 release scheduled for The Muppets: Studio DC- Almost Live in Region 1. I assume this would be both specials released on DVD.:smile:

rexcrk

Reaction score
So totally buying these when they come out on DVD. I recorded both, but having official DVDs without commercials or logos or anything is much preferred. :smile:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I gotta say I am surprised that no one has commented on having watched these yet! I bought it moments after it was released and have seen it in stores here as well that would usually never carry Muppet movies! (Of course I moved it to the front and centre of the video piles, I am a good fan :stick_out_tongue:)

Anyway! I thought it was SO much better than the original! There are so many really funny moments with the Muppets given a chance to just simply mess around for once. No pathos for Gonzo, no semi-serious breakup for Kermit and Piggy, no Kermit being the leader, or Fozzie having to prove himself...just them as themselves messing around and having one heck of a good time.

The outtakes and improvised making-of/behind the scenes stuff is comedy gold and the Muppeteers at their best (improvising), and every member of the EM band gets great lines -- Floyd gets fanTASTIC lines, and Dr Teeth gets a really really great moment with Demi.

If you've seen the original on youtube and thought it was carelessly thrown together and not worth your money, rethink and buy the dvd. It's worth it just for extended Rizzo/Pepe scenes and the outtakes!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Sounds fun. Your review is one of the main reasons I plan on getting this when it comes to the US. :smile:

hoopless

Reaction score
I got last week and just got round to watching it. I didn't really like the show when I saw it on Disney Channel, but hey, new Muppets DVD had to be bought. I must say the bonus features were more enjoyable for me than the actual feature. I think my problem with the show is the real people because they all seem so wooden and forced. The Muppet performances are great and it's worth getting. Not likely to get much cheaper though as seems to be the case with all Disney DVDs

LeanneRivett

Reaction score
I got it when it first came out, really good I was a fan when it was on the disney channel. Really impressed that we got it here in the UK first. I hope they continue to make more, as it is really good to see Disney using the Muppets as they were originally made.

It gets the thumbs up from me.