What do you think about a Muppet Theme Park?

Chilly Down

Reaction score
Love your ideas, Wiggy! While Fraggle Rock is full of theme park potential, I'd combine it with other attractions because it's not as famous right now. Bear is much more popular. I also like the symmetrical design of having four sections. But there's nothing wrong with your take on it. I love the idea of the different houses for the characters!

Cory: You may pull out a whip and smack me around for forgetting Farscape. :rolleyes: FARSCAPE, of all shows! After all the lamenting I've done about its demise! Farscape would totally be in the Creature Shop section.

Of course, there'd also be demonstration of how Muppets and Creature Shop creations work in each of the sections.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
So what might you plan to represent Farscape? Some sort of far-out inner-outer space coaster adventure ride where the cars suddenly get swept into the gravitational forces of differing wormholes? Just as long as there aren't any Prophets' temples inside those wormholes to confuse the travelers between what show the ride's based on. Maybe some ideas can be taken from the cool video game "Jim Henson's Carnival of Chaos". Here are a few of the ideas that could be done.
Gonzo's Coaster: It could be a tripped out roller coaster ride where the cars are launched out of a cannon. Or it could also be a nice little space based coaster ride with a holographic laser pistol attached to the front of the cars to shoot down any menacing aliens or asteroids. Of course, you'd have to make a nest-styled side car seat attached to the main car to accomodate an extra passenger in each car. Not sure which I might enjoy more though, Gonzo's outer space ride, Pigs In Space Mountain or Farscape's Wormhole Blaster.
Kermit's Swamp: This could be a great water coaster ride. The cars could be shaped like either lilypads or giant inter-connected innertubes with a seat at the bottom of the circle. You float lazily down the river until the excitement begins. Some sections of the ride could trigger whirlpools or rapids to accelerate the ride's motion. There could also be some implements of a Doc Hopper plant that must be avoided. Hey, couldn't there be a Doc Hopper restaurant somewhere inside the park or perhaps a restaurant like El Sleazo with a Doc Hopper exclusive menu?
Animal's Cars: This was always the best level of the game. Animal greets only the most daring of souls into his bumper cars parking lot. Here, the drivers can take off and zoom around the course either crashing into other cars or flying past junk that lies on the ground like old tires or exploding smoke balls. Of course, parts of track would have to loop around themselves with enhanced speed on certain portions to make the whole experience that much wilder.
Fozzie's Maze: For those who prefer to have a good time of a different nature, they could enter Fozzie's Fun House where mazes greet visitors as they tour throughout the building. Sections could include a maze of mirrors, candy canes, clown masks hanging from the maze's walls fitted with speakers emitting spooky laughter, and/or fake ice cream sundaes that block a wanderer's path. Rowlf could await tourists outside as the barker and Fozzie could be in the center square ready to perform some small comedy monologue or sketch with Statler and Waldorf watching from above.

zootgal

Reaction score
hi all! if any of you have been to the 'california adventure' themepark across from disneyland in cali, then i hope you would have stopped by the muppet ride! it's amazing...you're brought into this theatre that looks exactly like the muppet show theatre, and all of the animatronic muppets come out...there's explosions, and songs (i think) and statler and waldorf are up in their box seats...and sweetums comes running out at the end - it's like you're really there....except for kermit's voice not being quite right, but i guess it hasn't been in a long time huh? regardless, the ride is soooo cool!!! check it out...well worth the trip to a disney themepark. :smile:

-zoot(michelle)gal

WiGgY

Reaction score
isn't that the same as muppet 3d in florida? That Kermit was done by Jim Henson. It may have been one of the last times he did kermit.

pezbalubah

Reaction score
Originally posted by zootgal
except for kermit's voice not being quite right, but i guess it hasn't been in a long time huh
-zoot(michelle)gal
no that's the real Kermit...

zootgal

Reaction score
My mistake! I guess since the park is only a few years old, i just assumed it wasn't kermie's voice...sorry everyone :confused:

Beauregard

Reaction score
I think in the Gonzo ride we should have it like costing along a flat then a Gonzo voice over sayd, I'd like to do this without the baloon. and Kerm says, What plummeting? Gonzo says, yep. and then the ride goes into a straight down!!!

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Sweet! Ha ha! I'd love a Muppet theme park. I could just picture it! You could have a bumber cars ride based on Muppet Racemania. Has anyone ever been to Sesame Place? I've been wanting to go for years. I hear that's where Brian Henson met Bill Barretta.

Chilly Down

Reaction score
No problem, Zootgal. California Adventure *is* only a couple of years old, but the film is taken directly from the Florida attraction, which was Jim's last completed project.

WiGgY

Reaction score
Originally posted by Beauregard
I think in the Gonzo ride we should have it like costing along a flat then a Gonzo voice over sayd, I'd like to do this without the baloon. and Kerm says, What plummeting? Gonzo says, yep. and then the ride goes into a straight down!!!
That's sounds like a cool ride! Maybe they could attach balloons to he car and release them everytime you ride! Or maybe fake balloons that they could use over and over again. I do think that all voices should be done by the new performers. So, that conversation would have to be retaped especially since there was music behind the voices. Unless of course that ride went into a whole ride about the muppet movies, then it could be used as is.