Eat the Rich?

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Well, of course not, but I do hear the wealthy taste great with some mint jelly. :stick_out_tongue: I'm being silly, but some have thought I said something mean like that when it is not the case.

All this takes is for one or two people to get bent out of shape about a perceived slight and then the actual substance snowballs into something that was never actually stated - not unlike a game of telephone. This results in repetition without any communication being transmitted to either party. It's easy to get caught up in that in forum chat. It happens to me and many others. I tend to get caught up in sticking up for the little guy in a given situation. Character trait of a nurturer.

I encourage all forum members here (myself included) to actually listen to one another before jumping in and reacting to a post. To be sensitive rather than misconstrue something that probably isn't the case. To give others the benefit of a doubt. It's a new year. A time for fresh starts. We should all be honest, kind and respectful to the feelings of other people.

Every single one of us deserves a voice on Muppet Central. Rich, poor, middle income, religious, gay, straight, black, white, fuzzy, blue, green...:smile:

*PS - Rich folk, however frugal or eccentric, are okay by me...especially if they want to adopt a 30-something frogboy. :wink:

Beauregard

Reaction score
Well, I for one am a big advocate of eating the rich to feed the poor. (Wait, that wasn't the main topic of this thread?)

I think I see what you're saying, MC does have a reputation for snowballing fun topics and entertainment discussions into serious, hard-nosed political agenda bent fights (when we're not throwing Muffins at one another, naturally.)

When really, I think Kermit's opinion of the world was if a frog from a swamp can make it in show-business no one should be able to tell someone else exactly how they should think or feel. (Although Miss Piggy should generally be obeyed...)

I think the reason there are so many songs about rainbows is because rainbows have so many vivid different colours and they are all working together to form something magical...

WE should do the same! Especially at MC.

mikebennidict

Reaction score
And why should someone who has worked hard be targeted just because he or she has a lot of money?

Anyone who thinks like that is backwards in thier thinking.

It's good to be concerned for those who are less fortunate but this eating the rich is just as negative as one who doesn't care about others.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
I was all hopped up ready to post in favor of a thread I thought read "Beat the rich." Oh, well, I get your meaning my friend, the Frogboy.

Mike, were you just reiterating Frogboy? You said what he did.

dwmckim

Reaction score
And why should someone who has worked hard be targeted just because he or she has a lot of money?
It's not personal - they just taste better (they can afford to eat well so they have a higher quality of food coursing through them which make them more delicious. People who aren't as financially well off taste yuchy.)

Seriously though the title of the thread is ironic and an attention getter - yet the main idea expressed in the original post is getting lost and something pretty much unconnected is being overreacted to...which weirdly enough is along the lines of what was trying to be brought up in the first place.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score

Anyone who thinks like that is backwards in thier thinking.

It's good to be concerned for those who are less fortunate but this eating the rich is just as negative as one who doesn't care about others.
I hope you're kidding because the title of this thread is an obvious joke. It even says so right up front!

My post was intended to curtail knee-jerk reactions in posts before a member actually reads the content.

Maybe you should go back and read the first post again. But before you do...please refrain from eating anybody. It's just not a good idea. :embarrassed:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
I hope you're kidding because the title of this thread is an obvious joke. It even says so right up front!

My post was intended to curtail knee-jerk reactions in posts before a member actually reads the content.

Maybe you should go back and read the first post again. But before you do...please refrain from eating anybody. It's just not a good idea. :embarrassed:
Then I apologize for misunderstanding the whole post.

Barber

Reaction score
I just want to say that words are constantly misconstrued in this email age. Without body language, facial expressions, vocal tones, we humans lose about 95% of our communication tools.

People misread one word, and they go off half-cocked. I see it happen on forums ALL THE TIME. I'm surprised more people aren't aware of this.

I'm glad this weirrrrrrrd argument ended in the thread where it began, because I honestly don't know how it got started. Well, I know a misunderstanding started it, I just didn't understand why things were taken the way they were.

Seriously though, if these conversations happened in person and not over the internet, they would very seldom turn into arguments. It really was a silly thing that turned into a bigger silly thing (IMO).

I normally avoid situations like this, but since this thread was posted for this reason, I figured it couldn't hurt to share my experiences in forum-fare.

:smile: