Good bye Conan

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Would you believe when I first saw this thread I thought it was announcing the passing away of the actor, whose name escapes my memory, who had played the title role in the movies "Conan the Barbarian" and "Conan the Destroyer"? :embarrassed:
He's still California's Governor. :embarrassed:

matleo

Reaction score
I hope Conan find himself a nice lucrative deal that pits him against Leno, and I hope he mops the floor with him!

--Matt

Drtooth

Reaction score
I disagree. I hope Leno gets kicked off of NBC and has Fox screw up a talk show, like they did with a certain Mr. Chevy Chase.

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
I firmly believe that Jay Leno will discover that you can't go home again. The kind of crowd that liked him in the first place won't likely take to his behavior and a new Tonight Show host will likely be named a couple years from now.

Jay never should have had his 10pm show every weeknight. Maybe one a week would have been better, but his success was not from his personality. He had a lot of good lead-ins before the Tonight Show that were deleted when Conan finally got his shot. I mean, an hour of Jay, an hour of Conan, an hour of Jimmy and then however long Daly gets...that a lot of talk and who gets the priority guests? Jay's just a big bully. :smirk:

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Arnold Schwarzeneggar? No, he is still alive and well.
But it will be a sad day indeed when he does pass.
As someone who lives in the state he is currently governing, I can not share that sentiment.

GonzoLover85

Reaction score
As someone who lives in the state he is currently governing, I can not share that sentiment.
Fair enough, I speak he will be missed as a potential action star. I realize he's old and turning into a "flabby girlie-man", it still would be nice to see him return in some big shoot-em-up, effects driven action flik.

Drtooth

Reaction score
Jay's just a big bully. :smirk:
Bully? Not even... to me he's being a big baby.

Clearly he WAS ready to give up his show, and had second thoughts about it, and decided the only way he wouldn't look like he was changing his mind too late to do anything about it is to whine that the network was pushing him off the network too fast.

Poppycock! He clearly wasn't ready to leave, and he wanted to keep his show. I liken it to Daffy Duck trying to grab the spotlight when the curtain 8is closing, and someone's pulling him off stage to let someone else have a chance.

Jay never should have had his 10pm show every weeknight. Maybe one a week would have been better, but his success was not from his personality. He had a lot of good lead-ins before the Tonight Show that were deleted when Conan finally got his shot.
I would love to see a compromise where Jay gets some sort of inane game show weekly in a bad slot that they can't fill anyway. He'll still be on the network, and he won't screw up the local station news casts or Conan. Heck, when his show was first announced, our local NBC affiliate was going to just do a 10 PM newscast before it's 11 PM newscast until the national network pushed them to go into another direction.

But looking at THAT news cast? I'd rather see Jay make a fool of himself than cute news puns and alliterations. It's like watching the Springfield Shopper.