Alan Silvestri

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Anybody else just love this guy's work?

When it comes to memorable movie scores, his work always comes to my mind, I really dig how his scores almost always have a jazzy, toe-tapping undertone to it, especially in family movies. But then again, sometimes jazz plays a big part in the score altogether, ala Roger Rabbit which is one of my, if not my absolutely favorite example of his work.

Some have suggested to me that I consider doing movie versions of some of the shows I've got developing, and while I don't necessarily think I would do that, IF I do then I'd definitely like to recruit Silvestri to score them.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
I loved his score for the Bact To The Future films. But he's not nearly as big as other movie composers like John Williams, Jerry Goldsmith, Danny Elfman, James Horner, Hans Zimmer, and James Newton Howard.

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
I love his music too, especially for Forrest Gump. :flirt: Terrific composer.

Son of Enik

Reaction score
My favorite film composer behind Akira Ifukube...Alan Silvestri has quite the impressive list of movies to his scoring credit. The Back to the Future Trilogy is my favorite of his works, a true credit to the movie and music world!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Did you know that Joe Murray originally wanted Silvestri to compose the new theme for the second season of Rocko's Modern Life before he had to settle with The B-52s?